Sublime Forum

Python3 autocomplete

I am looking for python3 autocomplete

I would be more than OK with sublimes default autocomplete if it was not for python2

so when I start to write a word “print” and press tab for autocomplete I wont get brackets
when I start to write “for” I get xrange instead of range

… its really bothersome
snippets are useful for fixing the biggest offenders, but there must be something better, right?
I tried codeintel, python improved, anaconda,… well none of them seems to have python3 autocomplete on mind

1 Like

I am not major in Python but sometimes I use Python 3.
Did you try Python 3 with Jedi - Python autocompletion?
Also, IntelliDocs is a good package to work with.

0 Likes

Anaconda has Python3 in mind as anaconda itself is being developed using a python3 interpreter as “python_interpreter” option.

That affirmation about not taking into account Python3 is just not true. Anaconda works perfectly fine with Python3, the only problems that I am aware of, is just about Jedi not completing some specific libraries (that had been already reported).

0 Likes

Sorry but Anaconda does not fix this, or please show me how.
Considering that Sublime Text 3 itself is done in python3 partly as oppose to python2 in sublime text… well its just weird to have this basic stuff lacking

0 Likes

How so? I am using Anaconda now for everyday development with Python 3.5 and it works just fine. Maybe it is just a matter of the setup?

0 Likes