Sublime Forum

Emacs 24.4 Is Out

OK, I know emacs doesn’t get much love here but it took a team of developers years to produce and the user community patiently waited for it. In the mean time, they used the version they had.

Could be example behavior for some around here.

0 Likes

[quote=“rbl100”]OK, I know emacs doesn’t get much love here but it took a team of developers years to produce and the user community patiently waited for it. In the mean time, they used the version they had.

Could be example behavior for some around here.[/quote]

Sure, but in the mean while there have been active discussions on the emacs-dev mailing list about everything that went into the new version, as well as the opportunity to test all the new stuff yourself while it was being implemented. So, not quite the same thing.

0 Likes

[quote=“svenax”]

[quote=“rbl100”]OK, I know emacs doesn’t get much love here but it took a team of developers years to produce and the user community patiently waited for it. In the mean time, they used the version they had.

Could be example behavior for some around here.[/quote]

Sure, but in the mean while there have been active discussions on the emacs-dev mailing list about everything that went into the new version, as well as the opportunity to test all the new stuff yourself while it was being implemented. So, not quite the same thing.[/quote]

Totally agree. The development pace in emacs and their communication skills makes Sublime Texts developer look like mute tortoise.

0 Likes

It does. :smile:

Emacs could need a better speed though, but I’ve read they’re working on concurrency.

0 Likes

[quote=“limpall”]

Sure, but in the mean while there have been active discussions on the emacs-dev mailing list about everything that went into the new version, as well as the opportunity to test all the new stuff yourself while it was being implemented. So, not quite the same thing.

Totally agree. The development pace in emacs and their communication skills makes Sublime Texts developer look like mute tortoise.[/quote]

Even zombies walk faster.

0 Likes