Sublime Forum

Yosemite - safe to upgrade?

Hi,

Just wondering how safe it is to upgrade to Yosemite. Currently using ST2 on mavericks without any major issues. I’ve noticed a few issues on the forum possibly related to Yosemite (mostly with ST3), but I can’t tell whether these are in the minority or not.

Thanks!
Shane

0 Likes

I use ST3 on Yosemite (since early dev builds) and it’s been fine.

The only thing that doesn’t work for me is the SublimeGit plugin, but the developer is currently looking into a fix for this.

0 Likes

I’ve been using ST3 on Yosemite since the first closed beta and had no problems at all so far.

0 Likes

For the most part 10.10 is working fine with on exception.

I often work using a virtual machine and then via samba mount a directory on my VM to my mac. When I open projects to that samba mount sublime freezes for 1-2 minutes. Once that 1-2 minutes has passed sublime works normally.

0 Likes

I’m having significant issues with the left file/project nav pain after upgrading. It frequently fails to render anything other than the top level folder/project name. Expanding/Collapsing folders results in everything disappearing completely, or the area where the files should be being blank. Sometimes expanding/collapsing results in a beach ball of death for a minute or two.

I can work around by right clicking the top level folder and clicking “Find in Folder…”, which (so far) causes it to successfully re-render things.

It might be related to running multiple monitors. I have not noticed it on my home machine which only has one monitor. If the file nav happens to be working correctly, moving sublime between monitors will usually break it.

This is for the latest ST3 beta.

0 Likes

I am using https://sublime.wbond.net/packages/Project%20Manager with ST3 on OS X 10.10 and I got the same problems with the sidebar. I can use the sidebar normally if “Show open Files” is clicked and a file is open. Otherwise the folders disappear sometimes, or show up empty. Try to switch “Show open Files” and always keep a file open…

0 Likes

While Yosemite is in the news being spyware, I’d suggest to wait anyway.

0 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I might hold off upgrading for now.
@tux . Yes, I read about the search term collection in Safari on Yosemite. Sounds very Googlish and not in a good way.

0 Likes