Sublime Forum

Any plugins to auto-complete css in scss files?

I’m just getting started with sass, and while I would love to throw myself into the fold 100%, I’m learning as I go with a client’s project and the lack of auto-complete for regular css is really slowing me down.

I’m currently using this plugin for scss: github.com/nathos/sass-textmate-bundle

Since it’s my understanding that I can use regular css with sass without any issues, I’d like to be able to slowly ease into sass while not taking a huge hit to my productivity (I’m going to work with variables for colors, and try nesting to start).

The issue that I’m having right now is that none of the css suggestions pop up as I’m typing (things like padding, font-size, background, etc.).
Further, when I’ve defined a variable for a color, that variable isn’t suggested for auto-completion.

I’ve been googling around a bit, but haven’t found a plugin that seems to describe what I’d like. Does anyone here know of a plugin that offers the above options?

Here’s a quick 1 minute video showing what I mean (with comments): webmup.com/NvgqP/vid.webm

0 Likes

the problem is simply because of the css snippets scope ,which is diff than scss so ur only solution would be add the scss scope name to the css snippets or make ur own and save them with the new scope.

0 Likes

Hi, did you manage to fix this issue?

@ctf0, can you give basic instructions on how to do that? I’m new to SASS and I’m too used to the CSS auto complete function.

For example, in a CSS file, typing “background:” automatically puts in “background:;” for me, however doing the same in a SCSS/SASS file doesn’t, and it’s really getting on my nerves!

Would really appreciate it if you could give me some instructions on how to add the SCSS scope to the CSS snippet?

Thanks

0 Likes

There’s a question on stackoverflow about this:

0 Likes