Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2030

Re: Dev Build 2030

Postby firefusion on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:02 pm

daylerees wrote:Aha well caught, I work a lot with CodeIgniter, and the default style guidelines are that you omit the ?> end token, it worked fine when I added it in. Would it be possible for this to work without the PHP termination marker? Not a feature request, just asking! I know you have enough to do as it is right now XD. Thanks again mate.

I second that request. I use the Codeigniter style too.
firefusion

Postby jps on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 pm

daylerees wrote:Would it be possible for this to work without the PHP termination marker?

The specific issue is that PHP snippets won't trigger at EOF, because the selector won't match there (the reported scope is always text.html.basic at EOF in a PHP file). I'll fix this for the next build.

Chortos-2 wrote:expanding a snippet and deleting the generated text...

The rules for when snippet fields are cancelled aren't great from a usability POV: they appear to stick around for too long. There's good reasons for why they act like they do, but it's something I need to address. In the mean time you can press escape to cancel all the snippet fields.

daylerees wrote:create new file from file tree

It's coming, but in the mean time there's a way to create a file in a specific directory: when creating a new file via Ctrl+N, it'll save by default to the directory of the last file you used. Open a file in the directory of interest, then hit Ctrl+N, then Ctrl+S, and you'll be in the right spot.

sublimator wrote:ie <tabTrigger> bound snippets. What's the rationale here? To enforce training of premeditated mnemonics?

When I first implemented it, snippets used fuzzy matching on the tab trigger. I didn't particularly like it, because I kept getting snippets unexpectedly inserted when I was just trying to complete a word. I think there's some justification for this: snippets already tend to have short tab triggers, and a snippet often isn't really a word completion target, but a code generation mnemonic.

For example, if I have a python function with a function called 'classify', it's likely typing cls,tab means I want to insert 'classify', rather than generate a class template.
jps
Site Admin

Postby daylerees on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 pm

jps wrote:
daylerees wrote:create new file from file tree

It's coming, but in the mean time there's a way to create a file in a specific directory: when creating a new file via Ctrl+N, it'll save by default to the directory of the last file you used. Open a file in the directory of interest, then hit Ctrl+N, then Ctrl+S, and you'll be in the right spot.

Great news, thanks again for all the hard work man!
daylerees

Postby Kronuz on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 pm

This is great! I've been waiting for the auto-complete feature! Komodo Editor has it's source code open and includes some nice code intelligence under an Mozilla license I was hoping someone or me could port to sublime ...to that, is there anyway we can bind the auto-complete to other keys in a per-language basis? ...like for instance for some languages bind on using dot, for some on using ->, for some others, like python, on using both dot and also space under certain circumstances (i.e. when you use space after "import" or "from") ...as to show auto-complete for class members and attributes, and for modules that can be currently imported and so on. As to make auto-completion as fluid as just simply writing code and so it just pops up whenever something is available as you write code.
Kronuz

Postby vostok4 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 pm

There seems to be a bug with autocomplete in PHP at least, trying to complete all functions when prefixing with $. If the first letter of the word is $, autocomplete should _only_ look for variable words, not function words. Just type $u <ctrl+space> and you get tons of results that shouldn't be there.
vostok4

Postby jps on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:54 am

Dev Build 2031 is out now with a few tweaks.
jps
Site Admin

Postby gothate on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 am

jps wrote:Dev Build 2031 is out now with a few tweaks.

Dev download links aren't updated yet. :)
gothate

Postby jps on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:21 am

Fixed now, cheers
jps
Site Admin

Postby daylerees on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Just noticed the PHP fixes in 2031, thanks for the quick turnaround :) will test now.
daylerees

Postby asmodai on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Jon, the completion stuff, parameters need to be provided in descending order? I.e.:

Code: Select all
contents: "test($1, $0)"

instead of

Code: Select all
contents: "test($0, $1)"

At least, the former works for me, not the latter. Is that by design?
asmodai

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion