Sublime Forum

Postcard Jon

I’ve got an idea that maybe we will send some christmas postcards to Jon ? Maybe ST is now abandoned but still it’s great software and he deserves some love.

Whois is returning whole company address:

Registrant Name: Jonathan Skinner
Registrant Organization: Sublime HQ Pty Ltd
Registrant Street: 30 Edgecliff Rd
Registrant City: Woollahra
Registrant State/Province: New South Wales
Registrant Postal Code: 2025
Registrant Country: Australia
Registrant Phone: +61.0416047227

Will you join ? :smile:

0 Likes

[quote]Build 3066
Release Date: 16 October 2014[/quote]

Abandoned?

0 Likes

[quote=“prmaple”]

[quote]Build 3066
Release Date: 16 October 2014[/quote]

Abandoned?[/quote]

The last two betas:

Build 3065
Release Date: 29 August 2014

Build 3059
Release Date: 17 December 2013

This is the changelog 3065

- Added sidebar icons
- Added sidebar loading indicators
- Sidebar remembers which folders are expanded
- Tweaked window closing behavior when pressing ctrl+w / cmd+w
- Improved quote auto pairing logic
- Selected group is now stored in the session
- Added remember_full_screen setting
- Fixed a lockup when transitioning from a blinking to a solid caret
- Fixed a crash in plugin_host
- Fixed a crash triggered by Goto Anything cloning views
- Windows: Added command line helper, subl.exe
- OSX: Added 'New Window' entry to dock menu
- Posix: Using correct permissions for newly created files and folders
- API: Updated to Python 3.3.3

It’s definitely not abandoned.

0 Likes

Bunch of small hotfixes are not an evidence for Jon’s return :smile: Also the topic ST team issued about that is closed now (Development Status - July 2014).

Technical Support have no love from anyone, plugins devs abandons ship (Sublimall, I love you :*). ST is in retired house now, you eventually send postcard or go with a visit from time to time but no one really cares about it anymore.

0 Likes

You monster! :open_mouth: :mrgreen:

0 Likes

[quote=“tux.”]

You monster! :open_mouth: :mrgreen:[/quote]

If anyone sends a postcard an open source pledge would be nice. Limetext is trudging along very slowly, this will bring development back up again.

0 Likes

I occasionally defended ST on this forum and I still think a lot of the rhetoric along the lines “I payed and Jon broke the contract” is ridiculous. But I have to admit that ST development is at a bare minimum. The community involvement has decreased rapidly. I am still going to stick with ST for some time because it remains an amazing editor. I might reconsider when Atom 1.0 ships.

0 Likes

You could be right that some developments are not completed. But I have a different perspective on things.
I see in ST a wonderful kit. All material things work. And with Python I can do all the things I miss is complete.
OK, some essential things i miss too, i.e. an event to register closing ST.
But despite all that ST is a fantastic editor.
I have tested Atomic. In my opinion this is still light years away from ST. It has been there far from being the customization options, such as in ST.
Thats my two cents.

But not to forgot: Thats my postcard for Jon. :sunglasses:

0 Likes

When atom was announced I thought that was the dream editor come true. But then the lag was unbearable. Scrolling, selecting, moving the mouse, almost everything, and it hasn’t improved by much since it came out. Since then I’ve discovered brackets which feels like what atom intended to be but without the lag.

0 Likes

[quote=“BugFix”]You could be right that some developments are not completed. But I have a different perspective on things.
I see in ST a wonderful kit. All material things work. And with Python I can do all the things I miss is complete.
OK, some essential things i miss too, i.e. an event to register closing ST.
But despite all that ST is a fantastic editor.
I have tested Atomic. In my opinion this is still light years away from ST. It has been there far from being the customization options, such as in ST.
Thats my two cents.

But not to forgot: Thats my postcard for Jon. :sunglasses:[/quote]

That’s a nice reminder to Jon that keeping his editor dead is a fine choice.

0 Likes

I’m not even sure that there is a Jon anymore.

Send a postcard to Will Bond instead. It seems like he’s the only one still doing stuff.

0 Likes

Excellent idea! Package Control 3 is really nice

Jim

0 Likes