Sublime Forum

How to change the keymap in SublimeText 3

Hello friends,
I installed a SublimeText 3 before I used the ST2.

Part Preferences-> Key Bindings - Default I needed to delete this section { "keys": "ctrl+alt+p"], "command": "prompt_select_workspace" }, But there is not anything to write or modify it as disabled please advice how changes in ST3 “keys”?

All advance thank you very much.

[size=150]**PS: Excuse my English is am Slovak and translation via Google Translate :smiley: **[/size]

0 Likes

Tab switching with 2-axis scroll wheel
How to redefine some default keys?

The default preferences are read-only.
But if you make settings in the user prefernces, they will override settings from default.

In your case do the following:

• open “Preferences” - “Key bindings - User”
  • insert:
{ "keys": "ctrl+alt+p"], "command": "dummy" },

Now are the keys “ctrl+alt+p” without function.

0 Likes

[quote=“BugFix”]The default preferences are read-only.
But if you make settings in the user prefernces, they will override settings from default.

In your case do the following:

• open “Preferences” - “Key bindings - User”
  • insert:
{ "keys": "ctrl+alt+p"], "command": "dummy" },

Now are the keys “ctrl+alt+p” without function.[/quote]

@BugFix Thank you for your answer …
But it is my intention to that ST2 when I delete this line { "keys": "ctrl+alt+p"], "command": "prompt_select_workspace" },
I could have done using ctrl + alt + p ' ' <--And that's what I want to achieve in ST3

0 Likes

Sorry for inconvenience …

I would like to change ALL basic keys. My question is simple. How do I specify that a command is move one character left,right,up or down ??? Up/down can be a line too.

Is there somewhere a catalog of alternative keybindings available. Once I do mine I would like to contribute it to some library or similar for Sublime Text.

I would like to make all keybindings to be like those in WordStar / Borland editors.

Any help is truly welcome !!!

0 Likes

With Sublime Text (2021), Preferences > Browse Packages…

Duplicate the file ‘Preferences.sublime-settings’ to ‘Default.sublime-keymap’

Then follow instructions:

[
    {
        "keys": ["ctrl+shift+`"],
        "command": "diff_changes"
    }
]

https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/key_bindings.html

View next tab, previous tab with command + ] (on Mac):

[
   { "keys": ["super+]"], "command": "next_view_in_stack" },
    { "keys": ["super+["], "command": "prev_view_in_stack" }
]
0 Likes

I’m sure you accidentally mistyped here, but settings and key bindings are not the same thing.

0 Likes

Hi, in the folder where the file Preferences.sublime-settings is located, make a new file with the name ‘Default.sublime-keymap’ and there is where the changes should be added. (to make it easier since I am on a mac, I can duplicate Perferences.sublime-settings and rename that file).

0 Likes

For what it’s worth, It’s easier to just say Preferences: Key Bindings from the command palette or menu; Sublime will open a window and create the appropriate file for you if it doesn’t exist.

0 Likes