Sublime Forum

Installed themes look screwy

seems like some of the PNG images for any theme i install are not being drawn correctly. I did this install by copying the theme into my Packages directory, I did not use package control.

I was going to try to attach a PNG showing the problem but I cannot figure out how to do this. Anyway, the area where tabs at the top of the window go, the icons in the sidebar and the entire status line are all displayed in this funky green and orange vertical raster bar look.

0 Likes

Did you restarted st after “intalling” the themes? and if I may ask, why didn’t you use package controll to install the themes?

…anyway giving some little info like which version of ST are you using and which OS are you running could be usefull to get better help…

0 Likes

I did restart and the reason I did not use package control is because i want to edit the theme slightly. When i install under package control the theme looks fine but it is not installed anywhere where I can find and edit it, its like the default themes, they just exist… nowhere to be seen but you can select them.

windows 7, st3 version 3065

0 Likes

Are you copying them into: %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Packages\ folder?
I’m under win7 too and this works without any issues…

anyway you can modify a theme even if you installed it via package controll, you can try packagecontrol.io/packages/Pack … urceViewer to extract the theme resources…

0 Likes

sigh. so now i have to install ANOTHER package i dont understand, figure out how to use it. figure out where it extracts things to. figure out how to reinstall the edits i make…
why does the theme not JUT WORK ™ without i have to use some obfuscated package management system that installs things where you cant see them?

0 Likes