Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3068

Dev Build 3068 is out now. The early release is due to a crash regression in 3067 when renaming files via the sidebar.

Thanks for all the suggestions in the 3067 thread. Several have made it into 3068, but there are still more to come - enjoy!

The API reference has been updated with the new functions. One of the new functions is sublime.expand_variables(value, vars), which exposes Sublime Text’s snippet expansion logic:

>>> sublime.expand_variables("Hello, ${name:Unknown}!", {"name": "World"})
Hello, World!
2 Likes

This is good news, thanks for the release.
Will some of the suggestions in the dev build 3067 thread see the light ?
May give us a of the suggestions that could be implemented ?

0 Likes

I have dev build 3065 and when i check for updates from sublime text menu item, it says that there is no update available.

0 Likes

sublime.expand_variables("$file", window.extract_variables())

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
You’re my hero!

Thanks Jon.

0 Likes

I’m seeing some strange effects with spelling corrections. There were some issues before but I’m pretty sure Bild 3068 behaves differently than before.

First issue: Looks like begin of line is not properly recognized if this is a not an ASCII char.

Second issue: Exact match with Non-ASCII char is not recognized.

However, this is not 100% reproducible, some Non-ASCII words work.

I cannot upload images (“the board attachment quota has been reached”) so I’ve opened an issue on GitHub with screenshots: github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/659

0 Likes

sublime.yes_no_cancel_dialog()

Yay! Thanks Jon!

0 Likes

Wow I just updated yesterday to 3067 and today I got another message for an update :smiley:.
It’s going to be a good year for Sublime Text :smile:.

Ps. something seems off with the forum time.

0 Likes

Ok, color me surprised. :smile:

jps I’ve been pretty bitter about your disappearance, but if sublimehq manages to keep this approach for sustained period of time everything will be forgiven :wink:
Hell I’ll take a third of current pace if it’s consistent.

Welcome back!

0 Likes

I just want to say I happy to see stuff happening for Sublime again and looking forward to awesome updates.

0 Likes

Whenever I press a key in the editor part of the sublime text window, after having updated to Build 3068, the editor crashes. This happens on both windows and linux. But only if I press a key directly after having opened it, and not creating a new document, or loading an existing one first.

0 Likes

Confirmed, although I’m fairly certain these issues have always been there. Will be fixed in the next build.

3065 is a beta build, not a dev build, so you won’t get update notifications for dev builds. If you install a dev build, then you’ll start getting notifications about new dev builds.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]
Confirmed, although I’m fairly certain these issues have always been there. Will be fixed in the next build.[/quote]

Another (or same) bug with spellchecker:

Spellchecker correctly recognize all my correct french words (I think), but when you want to use the context menu to correct a false one containing non-ascii char in the beginning or end of the word, it doesn’t works well.
Most of time the proposed words are wrong (I suppose it doesn’t take care of the non-ascii char).
And when you select a word, the replacement is wrong:
ânne -> select âne in the context menu -> ââne
citté -> select cité in the context menu -> citéé

0 Likes

Yeah it’s the same issue: non-ascii characters get trimmed off the front and back of words before being passed to the spell checker. Will be fixed in 3069.

0 Likes

Just a couple of ideas about spell checking:

1. Adding added_words and ignored_words to user’s preferences.sublime-settings does not sound like a good idea to me. A lot of people including me keep their users folder under git and that means a lot of commits and makes editing my settings a bit harder. I suggest adding them to a separate file in Users directory and add them to the settings on the fly.

2. In addition to having user ignored_words and added_words, it would be nice to have syntax specific ignored_words. In the past it was not possible to add ignored words to a plugin settings for a particular syntax. For example PlainTasks, my todo plugin, have a bunch of unicode characters like :heavy_check_mark: and ✘ that we would like to ignore by default. We ended up asking users to add those character to their settings file manually. The irony is that they can not even be manually ignore through context menu because of this bug: github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/268

3. This is also a very annoying bug: markdown parsing ignores last character before closing bracket
    github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/585

0 Likes

sublime.yes_no_cancel_dialog(“Hello!”)

Shouldn’t we swap the position of No and Cancel. It looks a bit awkward to me!

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick update.

After some fiddling with sublime.yes_no_cancel_dialog I found out that pressing “No” or “Cancel” (or pressing X to close the popup) gives the same return result: 2 (which is sublime.DIALOG_NO), on Windows 8.1.

I was also about to mention the markdown ] bug with spellchecking, it’s really annoying since the only time I use spellchecking is basically when editing markdown text.

0 Likes

Looks like Sublime is using platform defaults: google.com/search?q=osx+yes … g&tbm=isch. On Windows it’s Yes, No, Cancel.

0 Likes

[quote=“aziz”]sublime.yes_no_cancel_dialog(“Hello!”)

Shouldn’t we swap the position of No and Cancel. It looks a bit awkward to me!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/2l432H0Z0w3d2t27130X/Screen%20Shot%202015-02-03%20at%2010.44.11%20pm.png[/quote]

The correct order on windows is Yes, No, Cancel, btw.

0 Likes

There are some nice things in this build :smile:.

Thank you for translation from sheet to view! This helps to translate from sheet to view (super easy) and even view to sheet (albeit with a bit of looping). This is going to help me fix some issues in some of my plugins.:

view = sublime.active_window().active_sheet().view()

Also this will be helpful for identifying image views as image views return False while code views return True. Not sure if this just got here in this build or if it sneaked in a while ago, but this looks really helpful, thanks!

sublime.active_window().active_view().is_valid()

Edit: It appears that was based on one time when sheet gave me the view for an image. It seems most times, sheets will not give me a view for an image preview, which is what I expected. maybe I messed something up. I will have to look into is_valid more and understand what it is. Either way, I think it is getting easier to avoid image previews, and that is a good thing.

Couple of requests and or bugs:

1. It would be nice if views had a sheet method to translate back to a sheet, but like I said earlier, sheet to view already allows me to work around this, so probably not high priority, but would be really nice to nice to make things easier.

2. I am getting a ton of mnemonic warnings, something must have changed, I am not sure if this is plugin related or internal to sublime. Anyone else seeing this?

warning: mnemonic f not found in menu caption F# warning: mnemonic d not found in menu caption GDB warning: mnemonic g not found in menu caption Groovy warning: mnemonic h not found in menu caption Haskell warning: mnemonic i not found in menu caption Io warning: mnemonic l not found in menu caption Lua warning: mnemonic m not found in menu caption Matlab warning: mnemonic m not found in menu caption MozRepl warning: mnemonic n not found in menu caption Node warning: mnemonic o not found in menu caption Octave warning: mnemonic s not found in menu caption PHP warning: mnemonic p not found in menu caption PowerShell warning: mnemonic r not found in menu caption R warning: mnemonic n not found in menu caption Racket warning: mnemonic r not found in menu caption Rails warning: mnemonic b not found in menu caption SBT for opened folder warning: mnemonic r not found in menu caption Scheme warning: mnemonic r not found in menu caption Gauche

Anyways, thanks for fulfilling my request, I am very pleased :smile:.

0 Likes

This happens for me as well on OS X

0 Likes