Sublime Forum

Tonight I'm gonna lint like it's 1999

Hi Guys,
I’ve just installed Sublimelinter and all the linter packages, including HTML Tidy. The problem is that when I run it, some of the warnings are just sooooooo last decade. It tells me that my needs a content attribute, and it just plain refuses to see as anything but an error.

Is there a simple way to make sure that ST lints HTML5 and CSS3?

Thanks,
Simon

0 Likes

Tag package lints html in some nice ways, but it does not try to be so smart. Just reports unclosed tags.

0 Likes

Most of the tidy bins out there are way outdated… However, there is one new build that’s pushing for HTML5 support that can be found here github.com/geoffmcl/tidy-fork/t … cl-restart

It’s still considered a WIP but I’ve moved to it when I need to run tidy and the current progress that’s been made is quite nice. The dev is looking for feedback and bug reports.

There was also a group that was just formed to discuss tidy w3.org/community/htacg/

0 Likes

Thanks so much for your help guys :smile:

I’m probably being a bit dense here, but could anyone offer me some step by step (noob proof) instructions with regards to installing HTML5 Tidy so that I can use it in Sublime Linter? I’m afraid that the Mac Terminal is a bit of a mystery to me.

github.com/geoffmcl/tidy-fork/t … cl-restart

0 Likes