Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3070

The tooltip will follow the cursor, which is cool. It’s a bit buggy and needs threading, but it’s a lovely POC and already Sublime feels better to me.

0 Likes

Confirmed working. Confirmed buggy :smile:

0 Likes

Converting the getFunctionNames to work with scopes. It’s still not right, but it’s a step.

0 Likes

Meh, it just uses the current word under the cursor. I need to get on with work, if someone wants to help - awesome :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“brynb”]

• It could give plugin developers a truly insane level of flexibility if there were a “built in”-ish way of registering custom URL schemes (or at least relying upon a singe “sublime://” one that forwarded clicks to a callback in a given plugin).[/quote]

Since the href value of the clicked link is completely forwarded to the on_navigate handler you can pretty much do anything, including parsing of a custom url scheme like “sublime://” even though that doesn’t makes sense to me since you get to specify which links are available in the popup anyway.

@jbrooksuk: looks nice. I imagined starting the tooltip at the start of the function in the view and then highlighting the parameters as you are typing. Underlining works pretty well. Similar to this:

Edit: Here is an example I hacked together in Sublime Text:

Note how the popup seems to be 1px off to the left which I believe to be a bug.

0 Likes

[quote=“FichteFoll”]

Cheers. That’s my end goal with it, I’ve opened a few issues on the repo to add new features. Really it needs rewriting anyway.

0 Likes

Closed the fixed issues on the github tracker and opened a few new ones for the obvious bugs, notably #683, #684 and #682.

I also experimented a bit with this and I don’t see what was fixed. In fact, I noticed along with the “on_selected(1)” bug, that goto symbol is inherently broken with multiple groups where one of the targets is already open in a different panel. For exact instructions to reproduce, see #311 (comment). The recent changes only made it worse in that now it can actually crash.

This is probably mainly caused because of the long-standing bad interaction between quick panels and the open_file(flags=sublime.TRANSIENT) API when the file to be open is in a different group than the quick panel.

Would you mind explaining what exactly that means? I’m just curios.

0 Likes

Great update!

jps, could enable

for “Goto Symbol in Project” and the “Command Palette”? It’s already on (or something like that) for Goto Anything, Go To Symbol, Goto Line etc.

0 Likes

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but since getting the 3070 build, I can’t set the color scheme.

I was using Set_US/seti, but after the update it reverted back to the default and I can’t set any color scheme using the preferences->color scheme ->… menu.

I also have schemr & themr installed, and themr still works, but schemr does not.

0 Likes

Support for

and  tags would be great!     :smile:
0 Likes

Just noticed by accident: view.show_popup("") (empty string) crashes.

0 Likes

A request for “background-color” in inline elements.

0 Likes

@jps, can the popup inherit styles from the active theme by default? It’d at least give you a consistent feel to the UI.

0 Likes

Using the default background from the theme is not a good idea because the popup will not stand out enough and be barely noticable. You’ll need to change the color slightly, either by darkening or brightening - or tinting.

0 Likes

Theme, not scheme. The autocomplete panels are styled by the theme. I think this would work fine, especially if tooltips drew a small border around them to contrast on like scheme backgrounds.

0 Likes

Jon, few of ideas on tooltips:

1. make the external css to be parsed regardless how line endings are set (right now it seems that if the css is CRLF will not play nice)
  2. Not sure if there is a problem with jbrooksuk code, but right now if the tooltip is moved, there is a bit of flickering. Probably you should also provide an API method for adjusting tooltip? (i.e. reposition & resizing if content change). I think the dirty solution would be to make the tooltip go away with a small delay of few ms.
  3. Probably you should enforce the tooltip inside of the editor:

1. You should add a default styling as following:
  • font-size: .7em (or .8em); and be relative to the font-size defined in settings (also, you should remove pixels as font-size unit because it can lead to very unreadable/weird tooltips)
  • background-color: 10% darker if the theme background is light, 10% lighter if the theme background is dark (a border/shadow would be useful, but not really required)
  • an small arrow to point to the text cursor would be nice.
0 Likes

Yeah, I noticed this with scopehunter and started to strip out CRs. But I do think that should just be done internally by sublime.

Being able to define a border would do wonders. In OSX, you already get a shadow, so it’s actually not too bad unless you have really dark colors, but on windows, you get no shadow, no border and it all just blends in if you make your colors too close. I even tried adding a border…but the CSS doesn’t support borders :frowning:.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]

Yeah, I noticed this with scopehunter and started to strip out CRs. But I do think that should just be done internally by sublime.

Being able to define a border would do wonders. In OSX, you already get a shadow, so it’s actually not too bad unless you have really dark colors, but on windows, you get no shadow, no border and it all just blends in if you make your colors too close. I even tried adding a border…but the CSS doesn’t support borders :frowning:.[/quote]

Maybe this works:

html {
    background-color: /* your border color */
}
body {
    background-color: /* regular bg color */
    margin: 1px;
}
0 Likes

It does, but it’s just an workaround. We kind of aim for a consistent experience (that’s why i think styling - at least colors and absolute font sizes - should be made mostly by the theme, otherwise we will expect 5 styles of tooltips from 5 different plugins)

0 Likes

Yep, I kind of agree with this. There needs to be some kind of standardized styling with some standard classes and such that are included in a theme. And then maybe a plugin can inject some additional style if the themes standard style just doesn’t fit what a plugin is doing. That way plugins would have a seemingly consistent tooltip experience across the board.

[quote=“maliayas”]Maybe this works:

CODE: SELECT ALL
html {
background-color: /* your border color /
}
body {
background-color: /
regular bg color */
margin: 1px;
}
[/quote]

Yep as @imantz said, it works. I was trying to find something other than going this route. If the tool tip content doesn’t scroll, it’s not bad, but if you have scrollable content, you won’t see a border on one or more sides until you scroll all the way in that direction.

0 Likes