Sublime Forum

General Questions

Hello,

I recently discovered sublime text when I got my Mac and have been using it every day since buying my license.

I have a few questions about features and want to figure out if theres a way to accomplish this using the software.

In the past I used to use Dreamweaver because of its ability to have a local working copy of files that it pushed to the server when saving changes. I was hoping there is some way to do this with the software.

I know I can open a folder on a network drive and whatever I edit will be saved but wasn’t sure if there was a plugin or way to have a working folder I did the changes in and then have it push the contents to a network path upon saving instead?

0 Likes

This might do what your looking for.

packagecontrol.io/packages/Rsync%20SSH

Assuming you can reach the other machine by network mount or ssh

Rsync is a linux command line tool if you want to do some separate reading about how it works.

0 Likes

If you are using FTP for your remote work then SFTP can be set up to work in a manner where the remote branch is synchronised locally too. Check out SFTP on package control.

:smile:

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am not using FTP however. I mount a Windows share within OSX and that’s how I upload files to the server.

I need a way where I can work from a folder on my computer and any changes that I make get pushed to the share. I will check out Rsync and see if i can get it working.

0 Likes