Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3072

+1, I would definitely use it in my plugin if it was available :smile:

0 Likes

Other than what I can gather from the changelog popup, what is “minihtml”?

0 Likes

[quote=“Grant”]

Other than what I can gather from the changelog popup, what is “minihtml”?[/quote]

It’s what powers the new tooltip API. It’s a HTML parser.

0 Likes

Tooltip bug report: Maybe someone already mentioned this but here you go:

1. create tooltip from console: view.show_popup('<a href="res://Packages/Default/Icon.png">test</a>', on_navigate=print)
  2. Change tab with keyboard with command+option+right/left (on mac)
  3. tooltip doesn’t disappear and I can only make it disappear when I go back to the view in which it was created
0 Likes

Hey Thanks! Much appreciated =)

0 Likes

Awesome stuff!

I swore I wasn’t going to ask for any more tooltip stuff, but what about borders? Surprisingly, I really have a hard time with not having CSS borders. I didn’t think I’d care, or I guess I thought I could work around not having borders, but faking borders on inline elements seems impossible.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Benj: I’m glad your enjoying them! There’s some pretty cool stuff planned for next month.[/quote]

I’ll be looking forward for that! :smiley:

0 Likes

I’m disapointed.

The new build destroyed my development environment. Calling my XML checker does not work anymore and I cannot see how to select the build system of my choice.

Please revert these changes and don’t waste too much time for HTML bells and whistles.

0 Likes

@tgkeul

This is a dev build. You have some nerve to be complaining about the bugs. Find your latest stable build and turn off auto update.

0 Likes

[quote=“tgkeul”]I’m disapointed.

The new build destroyed my development environment. Calling my XML checker does not work anymore and I cannot see how to select the build system of my choice.

Please revert these changes and don’t waste too much time for HTML bells and whistles.[/quote]

Wow, to be honest, I’m throughly disappointed in you. I mean, seriously, how could anyone with a need for Sublime Text (i.e., anyone with programming experience) make a comment like the above?

Moreover, since you seem to need some guidance:

1. This is a Dev Build, which naturally means there are going to be some bugs and features which are in-progress.

2. I think it would be significantly more reasonable for you to revert back to what ever released was working than to request that the entire development process be halted so you can have your XML checker again.

3. If your “development environment” is so easily destroyed, going forward, you probably should stick to stable releases.

That said, back to the topic at hand: I’m really enjoying the development pace! I’ve been a Sublime user for some time now, but the recent action has given me the motivation to try my hand at plugin development. Keep up the good work!

0 Likes

I’m using SR since 2008 and have a licence since 2009. I was comfortable with most dev builds for ST2 and ST3. But not with this one.

0 Likes

It’s still a dev build; if you want stable, use the stable beta. It doesn’t matter what dev builds were like in 2008, but I have also been a long time user of Sublime, and some time dev builds have critical productivity breaking things…hence dev build.

0 Likes

Is it not aloud to say that a dev build is, at least to me, not good?

0 Likes

I think in general it was how you said what you said. Lot’s of people express their dislike of a feature, offer suggestions to a feature. But people have been wanting an overhaul of the build stuff. And I think by coming in (on a dev branch) and being like “I don’t like this revert it”, rubbed people the wrong way.

0 Likes

It’s a known issue, and I’m not planning on fixing it. Popups disappear when the view loses focus, so the correct fix would be to not allow the popup to display when the view doesn’t have focus. However, that would make it impossible to experiment with the popup API from the Console, so I’ve deliberately left this in.

tgkeul: If your build system isn’t showing up in the list of available choices, then (assuming it doesn’t have a keyfile setting), it’s because it has a selector specified and the selector doesn’t match the current scope. You can either resolve this, or better yet, just remove the selector setting in your build file altogether, so the build system is deemed always relevant.

If you’ve having issues with the build systems changes, it’d be helpful if you could explain what problems you’re running into.

0 Likes

Build 3080

Excellent job on this latest build!

I have finally been able to create the Smart Color Picker plugin I have been thinking of for some time. I am really looking forward to what you bring in the coming releases. If its anything like the tooltip api, it’s going to drive plugin development even more.

I have to second @facelessuser in asking for css borders. Having color blocks in a solid background makes it hard to distinguish the color block from the background. I am just talking about my particular case, but I am sure other developers may run into something similar.

0 Likes

Depending on how keen you are, you can always generate an image on the fly and insert it in the the document via a data URL :slight_smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Depending on how keen you are, you can always generate an image on the fly and insert it in the the document via a data URL :smile:[/quote]

That’s not a bad idea, at least for this case. @huot25, if you are curious on how to generate images, check out this commit in ScopeHunter pythonhosted.org/pypng/.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]
Depending on how keen you are, you can always generate an image on the fly and insert it in the the document via a data URL :smile:[/quote]

That’s a great idea! I’ll take a look at doing that over the weekend. Thanks Jon!

[quote=“Facelessuser”]

That’s not a bad idea, at least for this case. @huot25, if you are curious on how to generate images, check out this commit in ScopeHunter pythonhosted.org/pypng/.[/quote]

Thanks for the links. I’m going to look at them this morning!

0 Likes

@singwong, files disappearing and reappearing, such as can happen with a networked file system, will be handled much better in 3075

0 Likes