Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

What's happening

Re: What's happening

Postby Simon on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm a bit late to the party but I still wanted to share my thoughts on the matter.

The core is almost perfect. Most things we can add using the API so time should be concentrated on the things we have no control over. Things such as the sticky search highlighting and the tweaks to Find behaviour that have been mentioned elsewhere.

The renderer rewrite sounds like a big job but I must say that it would be nice to use Sublime when I'm accessing Windows via Remote Desktop. Perhaps something to do more for fun than mass benefit.

Regarding sales. I believe that Sublime will continue to gain momentum; it's just a matter of time for the word to spread. All who have seen it love the sublime editing experience. It truly is the best.
Simon

Postby gtipton on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:30 am

Hi all - Just experimented with sublime for a couple weeks and decided I'd be forever disappointed if I didn't purchase a license. So I did. However, and I probably should have done this in reverse order, I'd like to confirm what the outcome of this thread was. It appears Jon decided to keep development alive and not go down the open source route, but I didn't see that actually posted anywhere. Is there a roadmap for sublime? Regardless, I think it's a great editor as-is and I'm not disappointed by the hefty contribution.

Geoff
gtipton

Postby jps on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:45 am

Hi Geoff - welcome to the forums!

Development is certainly alive, and I expect it to stay that way in the foreseeable future.

There's no published roadmap per-se, largely because what's at the top of the priority list has changed reasonably often in the past. The current short term plans are to add some more polish to the current beta, and get that shipped into a stable version, migrating project support out of beta status. Slightly longer term, I'm expecting to focus mostly on the Python API, so that more features can be implemented as plugins.
jps
Site Admin

Postby gtipton on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:02 am

Hey, thanks for the quick response! Glad to see that sublime is alive and well, and will be for the foreseeable future. I'm looking forward to checking out the future versions.
gtipton

Previous

Return to General Discussion