Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

What's happening

Re: What's happening

Postby henkbb on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:48 pm

iamntz wrote:
Still my question remains: which editor is better than Sublime right now, at this very moment?

Vim, of course! And Emacs! :mrgreen:

Now that makes more sense than Atom.
I actually do use Emacs from time to time, however a text editor is not a monogamous commitment and Emacs is just not my first choice when editing text files.
henkbb

Postby kaiser101 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 pm

I think it would be a better idea to redirect all enquiries to the sales team. Why dont the sales team pick up the task of posting updates about development on the blog. Any updates from jps though would be most welcome.

That said, Sublime Text has a huge following and the 2014 Net award proves what a great product it is. Also it is a one man show and we best leave him to do what he does best.
kaiser101

Postby Dragonmaster Lou on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm

henkbb wrote:
iamntz wrote:
Still my question remains: which editor is better than Sublime right now, at this very moment?

Vim, of course! And Emacs! :mrgreen:

Now that makes more sense than Atom.
I actually do use Emacs from time to time, however a text editor is not a monogamous commitment and Emacs is just not my first choice when editing text files.

Actually, I'd give a nod to Komodo Edit as well, although Sublime does seem quite a bit quicker, Komodo seems to be more full-featured and also is Python scriptable.
Dragonmaster Lou

Postby kaiser101 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:09 am

I think there is a case of double standards here. The moderators delete messages when people complain about lack of updates from the Sublime team. However, personal attacks on other members are allowed. Someone care to explain that?
kaiser101

Postby macula on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:04 pm

kaiser101 wrote:I think there is a case of double standards here. The moderators delete messages when people complain about lack of updates from the Sublime team. However, personal attacks on other members are allowed. Someone care to explain that?

I would say that this is not a case of double standards but rather a reversal of standards.
macula

Postby kaiser101 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:55 pm

macula wrote:
kaiser101 wrote:I think there is a case of double standards here. The moderators delete messages when people complain about lack of updates from the Sublime team. However, personal attacks on other members are allowed. Someone care to explain that?

I would say that this is not a case of double standards but rather a reversal of standards.

Lets see if this post stays until tomorrow :)
kaiser101

Postby wbond on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:46 pm

I delete messages from trolls who continue to post new messages that are duplicates of old threads, who insist it is their right to disrupt normal communication, and who are abusive to other users. Such behavior is not welcome. I originally left some messages from said abusive user's different accounts, however as the troll continues to escalate his behavior, I have no remaining tolerance. Once someone starts suggesting users commit suicide, they have made it abundantly clear they are not here to contribute in any sort of productive way.

If you see abusive messages, please flag the posts for review. Do not feed the trolls, just flag them. I have no intention of moderating messages that are critical of Sublime HQ, but I can't stand by and allow abusive users to spew hate in a community that I am part of. If you want to be critical of anyone, even me, do so in polite way, and that should be fine.
wbond

Postby kaiser101 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:20 pm

wbond wrote:I delete messages from trolls who continue to post new messages that are duplicates of old threads, who insist it is their right to disrupt normal communication, and who are abusive to other users. Such behavior is not welcome. I originally left some messages from said abusive user's different accounts, however as the troll continues to escalate his behavior, I have no remaining tolerance. Once someone starts suggesting users commit suicide, they have made it abundantly clear they are not here to contribute in any sort of productive way.

If you see abusive messages, please flag the posts for review. Do not feed the trolls, just flag them. I have no intention of moderating messages that are critical of Sublime HQ, but I can't stand by and allow abusive users to spew hate in a community that I am part of. If you want to be critical of anyone, even me, do so in polite way, and that should be fine.

So what would you expect if people do not hear from the team or their questions go unanswered? Like vbond said, you are inadvertantly feeding the trolls. And it is not wrong for people to expect updates once in a while. There are people who purchased licenses with the assumption that Sublime Text 3 would be released in the near future. If you cannot take criticism say so. But then do not make claims about being a fair moderator.
kaiser101

Postby wbond on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm

I can take fair criticism, and I encourage it. I've even posted in the past that I agree Jon should make more of a point of communication.

I didn't do anything to the user vbond or his/her message. I don't even have privileges to delete users. I exclusively deal with deleting spam and removing posts from the community troll. Please be aware I am not the only moderator, and just because something is deleted or locked does not mean I have anything to do with it.

The troll has been answered multiple times, even Jon has responded to his issues. Abuse of community members is not the kind of community I am willing to be a part of. Feel free to post how you want a response from Jon and Sublime HQ, although if you start acting like a troll and opening multiple messages with the same thing once a day, trying to impersonate Jon or other community members, or use abusive language towards other community members, I will moderate you. If you post fair criticism and aren't abusive, I will not. If you want to go on a tirade, you could use a platform such as your own blog or twitter or whatever. If you have suggestions on how I can do a better job removing spam and trying to keep this community welcoming to Sublime Text users, let's hear them.

Also, you should probably be aware that the most official way to voice your concerns to Sublime HQ is via sales@sublimetext.com and support@sublimetext.com. I can't control if you will get a response, but I know people do get responses. It may have to do with how you treat the person on the other end. I think it is obviously everyone's decisionif they want to purchase and license and continue using the software. If you are a licensed user, I can only imagine your thoughts sent to those email addresses will do more than trolling and spamming in the community forum.
wbond

Postby ntenney on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:08 pm

kaiser101 wrote:So what would you expect if people do not hear from the team or their questions go unanswered? Like vbond said, you are inadvertantly feeding the trolls. And it is not wrong for people to expect updates once in a while. There are people who purchased licenses with the assumption that Sublime Text 3 would be released in the near future. If you cannot take criticism say so. But then do not make claims about being a fair moderator.

I would expect that they continue to act in a civilized manner and not devolve into name calling or wishing harm on others, but hey, this is the internet. Also, this has been said many times over on the forums. Purchase of a license comes with no expectations whatsoever. It explicitly states it on the purchase page. No time frame has ever been given on the release of ST3. So, if anyone purchased a license with that assumption in mind, I'm sorry, but you're probably going to be disappointed. It's unlikely that Jon has set a deadline for release that coincides with your personal definition of "near future".
ntenney

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion