Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2034

Re: Dev Build 2034

Postby hypomodern on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:45 pm

Howdy there,

First off, I'm impressed with how well (and quickly!) this is coming along. I've a pair of questions, though:

1) I'd love to be able to quickly create a new file in the current folder; is there an appropriate forum to request features?
2) Quicksilver (MacOS) does, I think, default to using the ctrl-space binding you've selected for autocomplete. I've used the system keyboard preferences to move the autocomplete to a different key combo, but I thought you might want to make this choice configurable.

Solid work, and impressively stable for an alpha product, mate!

-mhw
hypomodern

Postby adzenith on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:03 pm

meno wrote:i cant find the project in the title bar.
[snip]

or did i misinterpret? i opened a project called tnv from my cmd p panel. i could imagine the unregistered is in front of the project name xD

From the OP:
jps wrote:The project is displayed in the title bar. On OS X, you'll only see this if you've purchased a license, as it's obscured by the unregistered message otherwise.
adzenith

Postby jps on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

hypomodern wrote:1) I'd love to be able to quickly create a new file in the current folder; is there an appropriate forum to request features?
2) Quicksilver (MacOS) does, I think, default to using the ctrl-space binding you've selected for autocomplete. I've used the system keyboard preferences to move the autocomplete to a different key combo, but I thought you might want to make this choice configurable.

New files will be saved by default into the same directory as the file that's currently open, so creating a new file in the same directory is just a matter of pressing Cmd+N,Cmd+S

You can configure all the key bindings used by Sublime Text 2, via the key bindings files hooked off of the preferences menu. You can change auto complete by looking for the "auto_complete" command.
jps
Site Admin

Postby gothate on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey, one bug and one question for you! :)

find & replace bug
- does not remember empty fields: i.e. if I am doing a search for a string and replacing it with nothing, the next time I open the find & replace dialog the replace will be populated, not with the empty field, but whatever was in there before that.

selection issue (not really a bug, but a complaint)
- often when I am trying to select a word or two in a long line, I will move the mouse too high or too low and the display will jump to the beginning of the line to follow the cursor. It’s disconcerting, and often requires a reselection attempt (sometimes several). I’m not sure how one would go about “fixing” this in a way that wouldn’t impact other mouse operations though, and I don’t know if it’s just me having this problem. Maybe if during a selection the cursor was still assumed to be at the mouse, but the highlight was kept the same? Anyway, I don’t know if it’s worth fixing or adding an option in, but I just know that I run into it often and it’s always a bit frustrating.
gothate

Postby meno on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:06 pm

adzenith wrote:
meno wrote:i cant find the project in the title bar.
[snip]

or did i misinterpret? i opened a project called tnv from my cmd p panel. i could imagine the unregistered is in front of the project name xD

From the OP:
jps wrote:The project is displayed in the title bar. On OS X, you'll only see this if you've purchased a license, as it's obscured by the unregistered message otherwise.

hm i only read the blog post and its not mentioned there.
meno

Postby hypomodern on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:00 pm

jps wrote:New files will be saved by default into the same directory as the file that's currently open, so creating a new file in the same directory is just a matter of pressing Cmd+N,Cmd+S

You can configure all the key bindings used by Sublime Text 2, via the key bindings files hooked off of the preferences menu. You can change auto complete by looking for the "auto_complete" command.

Oh good lord, I didn't even notice the key bindings files there :oops:. Outstanding.

In re: creating new files, I guess I'm just used to TextMate. Hitting Cmd-N moves the selection in the files/folders pane up to the newly created file buffer, and I'm used to it sticking the new buffer by default in the folder I had previously selected, not whichever file I had opened previously :). Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I'll learn the sublime pattern.
hypomodern

Previous

Return to General Discussion