Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2034

2034 is out now. Some of the changes are:

• Clone is in, and can be trigged via the File/Clone File menu item. This will create a new view that shares the buffer of the current view.

• The project is displayed in the title bar. On OS X, you’ll only see this if you’ve purchased a license, as it’s obscured by the unregistered message otherwise.

• delete_word (Ctrl+Backspace/Delete on Windows and Linux, Alt+Delete on OS X) is now smarter, and will also delete a leading or trailing space along with a word depending on context. I’m very happy with how this is working, but do let me know if you run into any situations where it does the wrong thing.

• Option+Arrow keys now works the Cocoa default way on OS X: Moving left will stop at the beginning of words, and moving right will stop at the end of words. If you want this on other platforms, you can change the key bindings, and make the right arrow move by “wordends” rather than “words”.

• Ctrl+Shift+K will delete the current line, on all platforms.

Finally, the Linux CPU usage issue in 2033 has been fixed, too.

0 Likes

Getting clone in is great. I’ve actually been doing that for a while (manually opening the file again) but the unsaved * would appear in the inactive buffer whether it had been saved or not. Now that seems to work fine. Thanks.

0 Likes

It’s at the top of the API list, but the first priority atm is doing some work on the sidebar

0 Likes

These are fantastic. Thanks!

0 Likes

2035 is out now with some tweaks, I’ll be promoting it into a stable version (2036) shortly

0 Likes

hi

I found a few issue in ST2 on MacOSX

• Some hotkeys like c+a, c+e, c+(f,b,n,p) don’t work with russian keyboard layout.
  • “Select more” and autocomplete works very strage with word like “cool_word” or “cool-word”. It’s selected part of the word e.g cool_word but not the whole word.

autocomplete:

and “Selected more”:

Thanks!

0 Likes

Thank you Jon,

Something I noticed is that if you had minimap disabled, cloning a file will enable the minimap in the cloned file, but it goes away going to the original file.

PS: Should I use User Echo to report bugs?

0 Likes

Thanks, will fix

0 Likes

i cant find the project in the title bar.
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=14282354

or did i misinterpret? i opened a project called tnv from my cmd p panel. i could imagine the unregistered is in front of the project name xD

0 Likes

Howdy there,

First off, I’m impressed with how well (and quickly!) this is coming along. I’ve a pair of questions, though:

1. I’d love to be able to quickly create a new file in the current folder; is there an appropriate forum to request features?
  2. Quicksilver (MacOS) does, I think, default to using the ctrl-space binding you’ve selected for autocomplete. I’ve used the system keyboard preferences to move the autocomplete to a different key combo, but I thought you might want to make this choice configurable.

Solid work, and impressively stable for an alpha product, mate!

-mhw

0 Likes

[quote=“meno”]i cant find the project in the title bar.
[snip]

or did i misinterpret? i opened a project called tnv from my cmd p panel. i could imagine the unregistered is in front of the project name xD[/quote]

From the OP:

0 Likes

New files will be saved by default into the same directory as the file that’s currently open, so creating a new file in the same directory is just a matter of pressing Cmd+N,Cmd+S

You can configure all the key bindings used by Sublime Text 2, via the key bindings files hooked off of the preferences menu. You can change auto complete by looking for the “auto_complete” command.

0 Likes

Hey, one bug and one question for you! :smile:

find & replace bug

• does not remember empty fields: i.e. if I am doing a search for a string and replacing it with nothing, the next time I open the find & replace dialog the replace will be populated, not with the empty field, but whatever was in there before that.

selection issue (not really a bug, but a complaint)

• often when I am trying to select a word or two in a long line, I will move the mouse too high or too low and the display will jump to the beginning of the line to follow the cursor. It’s disconcerting, and often requires a reselection attempt (sometimes several). I’m not sure how one would go about “fixing” this in a way that wouldn’t impact other mouse operations though, and I don’t know if it’s just me having this problem. Maybe if during a selection the cursor was still assumed to be at the mouse, but the highlight was kept the same? Anyway, I don’t know if it’s worth fixing or adding an option in, but I just know that I run into it often and it’s always a bit frustrating.
0 Likes

hm i only read the blog post and its not mentioned there.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]
New files will be saved by default into the same directory as the file that’s currently open, so creating a new file in the same directory is just a matter of pressing Cmd+N,Cmd+S

You can configure all the key bindings used by Sublime Text 2, via the key bindings files hooked off of the preferences menu. You can change auto complete by looking for the “auto_complete” command.[/quote]

Oh good lord, I didn’t even notice the key bindings files there :blush:. Outstanding.

In re: creating new files, I guess I’m just used to TextMate. Hitting Cmd-N moves the selection in the files/folders pane up to the newly created file buffer, and I’m used to it sticking the new buffer by default in the folder I had previously selected, not whichever file I had opened previously :smile:. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I’ll learn the sublime pattern.

0 Likes