Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3076

Dev Build 3076 is out now. Only a couple of changes - I’m just tying up some loose ends before the next beta is released.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the update but now with build 3076 on Mac OS X 10.9.5 the main Sublime process sits there using 50% cpu, which means its burning 100% on one of my two cores.

This is right after launch, even with no windows open.

For the moment I went back to the previous version which fixes this problem.

0 Likes

Confirmed.

I’ve removed the build from the download page, and stopped the update notifications. Will release an updated build tomorrow.

0 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

0 Likes

Thanks for fixing the network drive files detection problem in the previous build.

I just found another problem in 3075. The windows ordering is reversed after restarted Sublime Text.
i.e.:
Before restart Sublime Text: Windows A, Windows B, Windows C
After restarted Sublime Text: Windows C, Windows B, Windows A

Hope this can be fixed.

0 Likes

3077 is out now, fixing the CPU usage issue that 3076 had on OSX.

0 Likes

@jps, the new build #3077 for windows caused sublime to restart constantly with the following message:

plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until sublime text has been restarted

and this is the console output:

local variable 'stdout' referenced before assignment
0 Likes

[quote=“babygau”]

@jps, the new build #3077 for windows caused sublime to restart constantly with the following message:

plugin_host has exited unexpectedly, plugin functionality won't be available until sublime text has been restarted

No issues here.
Very likely caused by a plugin, if you can find which one it will be a lot easier to fix this issue.
Can you find it based on what you’ve done right before the error ?

0 Likes

[quote=“babygau”]

Same Problem except the console Output.

For me it occurs every time i use the File: Delete command through the command palette.

Switched Back to 3075 for now.

0 Likes

[quote]No issues here.
Very likely caused by a plugin, if you can find which one it will be a lot easier to fix this issue.
Can you find it based on what you’ve done right before the error ?[/quote]

you could be right, it happened when i update from #3066 build, then use project manager plugin to remove some old projects.

after a clean install, everything work well now!

0 Likes

3078 is out, fixing a regression in 3077 - it’s not my day!

0 Likes

Thanks for all the updates Jon!

I’m curious, are you planning on adding the ability to install updates from the editor (like in Windows) on Linux, or is that too difficult to implement to due the many differences in Linux setups?

0 Likes

[quote=“singwong”]

is out now. Only a couple of changes - I’m just tying up some loose ends before the next beta is released.

Thanks for fixing the network drive files detection problem in the previous build.

I just found another problem in 3075. The windows ordering is reversed after restarted Sublime Text.
i.e.:
Before restart Sublime Text: Windows A, Windows B, Windows C
After restarted Sublime Text: Windows C, Windows B, Windows A

Hope this can be fixed.[/quote]

@jps: Oh, tested it few times on latest 3078, it should be reopened in random order instead of reverse order.

0 Likes

I’ve been hesitant to bring it up – as it’s one more danged thing to take care of – but an Ubuntu PPA would be super handy for us Linux folk.

0 Likes

I’d like to do a PPA, but I can’t say it’s super high on the priority list atm. It’s also the reason that the existing auto update system isn’t implemented on Linux: it’s not the right way to do things there.

0 Likes

3078 is much more stable on my windows 7 than 3077 & 3076, no crashes yet. Mostly running Anaconda to help me with python.

0 Likes

Cheers @jps, thanks for taking the time to clarify. I imagined that was the case. If/when you get to it, it would be much appreciated. We Linux users are very lazy, you know :smile:

0 Likes

@jps, the plugin_host in 3078 suddenly occupy 2.5 GB ram, and keep on counting, I killed it at 2.89GB. Now I return to build 3075.

0 Likes

singwong what packages have you installed? my plugin_host is stable around 45 MB

0 Likes

Yours occupy so little ram! :astonished:
Mine on 3065 now 365.1MB.

Here’s the list:

[code]“installed_packages”:

"AAAPackageDev",
	"Auto Semi-Colon",
	"AutoFileName",
	"Better JavaScript",
	"BracketHighlighter",
	"BufferScroll",
	"ChangeList",