Sublime Forum

Moving between "folded" lines instead of "real" lines

Hello,

I would like to know if is it possible to change the behavior of the up and down movements to not jump to the next and previous “real” line but to the next and previous “visually wrapped” line. When I write code this is not an issue because I turn off the visual line folding (since my lines never go beyond the 80 characters). However when I am editing text for a Latex file, if I have a big paragraph that in reality is within one “real” line, thanks to visual line wrapping, sublime displays it in 7 lines; Now the problem is that if I want to change something in the middle of these long paragraphs, I cannot use the up and down keys, they will only move me between real lines and not wrapped lines.

I’ve searched for an answer online to this problem of mine but I cannot find anything related anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

It should do this by default… Do you have any weird plugins?

0 Likes

This is not the default behaviour, and I would actually like to know how you achieved this

0 Likes

Actually yeah, how did you do that??

0 Likes

It is the default for me and has always been like that. I don’t know of a setting for this either.

0 Likes

Do you have Vintage or Vintageous enabled? It behaves that way. Use “gj” or “gk” to move by visual lines.

0 Likes