Sublime Forum

I want to tweak a color scheme, but it's in Cache directory

I try the vintageous, it’s good, but I don’t like the caret color in the Solarized(light), I want to tweak it. But it’s in the Cache directory as a .cache file. How can I change that?

I try the other color schemes, but my mind seems accustom to the Solarized scheme, I can’t read code in other schemes. :astonished:

And it’s good to have other builtin packages to read as examples.

Can I do that?

0 Likes

Just copy the file with a different name in your user directory (ctrl+shift+p “Browse package” should open a package directory with User sub-directory)) and it should appear in your color scheme selection option.

0 Likes

I am not talking about installing the color scheme, I am talking about changing it.

In sublimetext2 I can read the source code of any builtin package at the Package directory. But in sublimetext3, no source code provided, I don’t know how to change the caret color of the builtin color scheme Solarized(Light).

I am asking is there a way I can get the source code, so that I can change the caret color.

0 Likes

The file is still in ST3, it’s just packaged differently. If you want to override the file, I’d recommend using github.com/skuroda/PackageResourceViewer. It makes things much easier, and handles placement of the files for the purpose of overriding the built in packages (or any plugin package for that matter).

Copying the contents to a new file in the “Packages/User” directory is “safer” in the sense that there is no (minimal) chance it will be overridden. In addition, you can easily move it to other ST installs if necessary.

0 Likes

Problem is solved. Thanks skuroda :smiley: .

And thanks to Clams, appreciate your help.

0 Likes

After looking into the code of resourceviewer, I realize that the package is inside the sublimetext.app where I didn’t look into.

0 Likes