Sublime Forum

Young Developer of the Year

Hi all,

I’ve been short listed for a very prestigious award, Young Developer of the Year as part of The Net Awards. Last year I represented Sublime Text for App of the Year and made it my goal to be nominated myself this year, I’ve made it this far, but need your help against the 9 other nominees from all around the world.

You can vote with Facebook, Twitter or Email, or you can vote using all three methods.

For those of you who don’t know why I deserve this award, I hope I can explain to you:

• I’ve contributed to a lot of Sublime Text plugins
    which have had tens of thousands of downloads, including the ones not authored by myself.

• I’ve been very active in the Laravel
    community, writing packages, helping others and advocating it.

• I’m working on Cachet
    , the open source status page which has seen millions of events (can evidence with a screenshot), thousands of downloads and has started to become the standard for a good status page.

• I’ve given two talks
    at my local meetup, Staffs Web Meetup, which is completely different to anything else I’ve done.

• I won Employee of the Month (this month) at my workplace for my recent work with Ceefax/ViewData/Teletext - if that helps, I’m taking it.

• I contribute a lot of code on GitHub https://github.com/jbrooksuk?tab=contributions&period=monthly)

• I wrote an article for Net Magazine about Sublime Text last year, also producing a screencast.

I obviously can’t make you vote for me, in fact the other nominees are more than worthy of your vote(s) and I encourage you to check them out too before voting.

You can vote for me at thenetawards.com/vote/young-dev … es-brooks/

Much love!

0 Likes

Looks like voting opens tomorow - remind me to vote for you!

0 Likes

Thanks buddy! :smile:

0 Likes

Voting is back open again! thenetawards.com/vote/young-dev … es-brooks/

0 Likes

Voted!

0 Likes

Voted! Best of luck, looking forward to seeing you make the short list!

0 Likes