Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Main-file in project and more

Main-file in project and more

Postby fjolle on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:33 am

Hi,

I bought Sublime Text a while ago and I'm using it (or actually, enjoying it) for doing some development with Python and writing with LaTeX (among other things, still fitting it to my workflow).

I have a two small questions which i hope you can answer for me:

-Is it possible to specify a main file for a project (to build from)? This would save me some(sometimes a lot) clicking around between open files when trying to build/run a larger project.

-In ST 1.4, the items in the Tools->Snippets menu had the snippet-shortcut to the right of the title. In the alpha version, I don't see this. Is it possible to turn it on, or is it not implemented yet (And will it be? Its a good reference when editing new languages with ST. Any reference sheet will do, of course, but it was a quick way).

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel
fjolle

Re: Main-file in project and more

Postby guillermooo on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:05 pm

fjolle wrote:-Is it possible to specify a main file for a project (to build from)? This would save me some(sometimes a lot) clicking around between open files when trying to build/run a larger project.

Have you tried hardcoding the path in the build system? As a matter of fact, build systems are a fancy name for conf files for the "exec" commands, so you could write your own wrapper so that it reads data from an .ini file or something similar.

However, I think you can do what you're after with build systems too.

fjolle wrote:-In ST 1.4, the items in the Tools->Snippets menu had the snippet-shortcut to the right of the title. In the alpha version, I don't see this. Is it possible to turn it on, or is it not implemented yet (And will it be? Its a good reference when editing new languages with ST. Any reference sheet will do, of course, but it was a quick way).

Not ideal, but if "tab_completion" is false and you press ctrl+spacebar, snippets should bubble up to the top of the autocomplete list (for partial matches), so you can "explore" available snippets like that to some extent...
guillermooo

Postby Marciano on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 pm

As far as LaTeX is concerned, I plan on implementing a "Set Main File" command... please be patient :-) You can always check for progress (or lack thereof) at

https://github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools
Marciano

Postby fjolle on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 am

Hi,

guillermooo wrote:Have you tried hardcoding the path in the build system? As a matter of fact, build systems are a fancy name for conf files for the "exec" commands, so you could write your own wrapper so that it reads data from an .ini file or something similar.

Compared to having a simple optional parameter in the project file named "main file" or so, it would be rather tedious. It sounds like it could work, but wouldn't it require me to write a build system for each project?

guillermooo wrote:Not ideal, but if "tab_completion" is false and you press ctrl+spacebar, snippets should bubble up to the top of the autocomplete list (for partial matches), so you can "explore" available snippets like that to some extent...

Ah didn't notice that when using autocomplete, but seems to work fine (as you say its only to some extent, but ok for a start)

Marciano wrote:As far as LaTeX is concerned, I plan on implementing a "Set Main File" command... please be patient :-) You can always check for progress (or lack thereof) at

https://github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools

Ah I didn't notice LaTeXTools before, i'll have a look.

Thanks to both of you for your answers :)
fjolle

Return to General Discussion