Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2055

Re: Dev Build 2055

Postby Anomareh on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Honestly I think the biggest problem is competitions being on tab. It just messes too many things up. I actually can't think of another editor that has both completions and snippets on tab. Most have snippets on tab and completions on ctrl + spacebar or some sort of intellisense. Actually would any sort of intellisense be possible? That would be amazing and it seems like some of what would be needed is already there, like when there are multiple snippets with the same trigger and the box that pops up and lets you choose.

Also +1 for some sort of way to unbind default keybinds from the user keybinds file. Every update I have to go and unbind all the quote and brace overwrite binds as they drive me nuts.
Anomareh

Postby theblacklion on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:04 pm

jps wrote:Snippets do have the highest priority in this sense: if a snippet has an exact match for the tab trigger, it'll also execute first. If no snippets/completions/words match exactly, then the usual fuzzy match ranking will be used, with snippets always taking priority if the ranking for two words is equal.

Please try to define a snippet that reacts on "-t". Over here (OSX) it always tries to expand the letter "t" first and not to find and expand a snippet with "-t". Is it due to the dash?
theblacklion

Postby jps on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:36 pm

theblacklion wrote:Please try to define a snippet that reacts on "-t". Over here (OSX) it always tries to expand the letter "t" first and not to find and expand a snippet with "-t". Is it due to the dash?

That does look like a bug: the snippet should be triggering here, instead of completing from 't'. It should work fine without the hyphen (non-word triggers have to go through some different logic). I'll fix the issue for the next build.
jps
Site Admin

Postby oxman on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 pm

The behavior is not correct.
Tab should try to complete only if we have not space or character like {} [] () and maybe some other before the cursor.
oxman

Postby jps on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 pm

oxman wrote:Tab should try to complete only if we have not space or character like {} [] () and maybe some other before the cursor.

You are describing the current behaviour here
jps
Site Admin

Postby oxman on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:23 am

No.
I do tab to make an indentation : its ok.
I do tab again to make an other indentation : its ok.
I do tab again to make an other indentation : its not ok, ST try to complete.
oxman

Postby jps on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:25 pm

bizoo has already reported that bug in this thread
jps
Site Admin

Postby jps on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 am

Anomareh wrote:Honestly I think the biggest problem is competitions being on tab. It just messes too many things up.

IMO, now that there's an easy way to explicitly insert a tab on every platform, the only conflict is having completion and next field both bound to tab. This has always been an issue, even when tab would only insert snippets: it can be ambiguous if tab should move to the next field, or do it's usual thing (insert a tab, snippet, or completion).
jps
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion