Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2061

Dev Build 2061 is out now. The main change is to the theme system, which now allows more flexible selectors: in addition to selecting on the class name and attributes, you can select on the parent(s) class name and attributes. For example, this can be used to adjust the tab or sidebar labels when the underlying tab or table row is selected or has the mouse hovering over it.

For example, if you’d like to make the tab labels red when the mouse is hovering over them, you could add this rule:

{
    "class": "tab_label",
    "parents":

{ "class": "tab_control", "attributes": "hover"] }
    ],
    "fg": [255, 0, 0]
}

Themes are also automatically reloaded now (a couple of parts aren’t reloaded perfectly, and will only take effect on the next restart), which should make theme development more pleasant.

I’ve also added a few more functions to the API, the most important of which is Window.folders(), to get the list of folders open on the sidebar.

0 Likes

What happened to Jon?

I’ve noticed that one-click tab closing is not possible now. Intended or is this a bug?

0 Likes

That’s a bug - will fix for the next build

0 Likes

The arrows from scrollbars are also gone. I’m not 100% sure they existed before (can’t remember) but my gut feeling is they did.

0 Likes

There were never arrows on the scrollbars actually, but there may well be other missing bits in 2061, so let me know if you find any more.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.

There is any way of having go to last active tab act like… go to last active tab?

What i mean is this: i have 4 tabs opened : a, b, c, d. Active tab is A, previous active was C, before C was B.
When i press ctrl+tab, should go to C (was C). But if i press ctrl+Tab again should go back to A.

Make sense? :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]What i mean is this: i have 4 tabs opened : a, b, c, d. Active tab is A, previous active was C, before C was B.
When i press ctrl+tab, should go to C (was C). But if i press ctrl+Tab again should go back to A.[/quote]

This should happen currently, provided you release ctrl after pressing ctrl+tab. When you let go of ctrl, it’ll move the current view to the top of the stack, so you can toggle between two views. Other applications work the same way, as does alt+tab (or command+tab on osx).

0 Likes

Argh, yes, you are right. I had a silly setting made :smiley:

thanks for your reply.

// edit:
Actually i just remembered why i did that silly setting. I would like to ctrl+Tab act like „last tab” and ctrl+shift+tab to actually go to prev_view. There is a way to do this?

0 Likes

I actually liked to be notified on ST startup of a new build having been released. The notifications stopped a couple of builds ago. I suggest making a setting of it.

0 Likes

The tab close button is not showing for me.
Is it turned off by default now?
–tstrokes
(Win7 x64)

0 Likes

[quote=“tstrokes”]The tab close button is not showing for me.
–tstrokes
(Win7 x64)[/quote]

Confirmed for me as well.
(OS X 10.6.7)

0 Likes

Jon, you think we could get an update on this for the new functions?

sublimetext.com/docs/2/api_reference.html

0 Likes

There’s a .sublime-menu file for the tab bar, for the sidebar mount points, and for the sidebar tree view, but as far as I can tell there is no sublime-menu for the file list in the sidebar. Could one be added? Or maybe it could just use the same menu file as the tab bar.
Also, if I right-click on a tab that’s not active, it stays inactive, but if I right-click on an open sidebar file that’s inactive it becomes active (and glitches out the tab bar graphics a little bit until you close the right-click menu). It’d be nice to have it stay inactive in both cases.
Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“tstrokes”]The tab close button is not showing for me.
(Win7 x64)[/quote]

I can confirm, Windows 7 x64, Build 2061

0 Likes

This should still be happening. Depending on the platform you’re on, checks may not always happen at startup, but they will happen periodically.

[quote=“ehamiter”]Jon, you think we could get an update on this for the new functions?

sublimetext.com/docs/2/api_reference.html[/quote]

API docs were updated with the new build, perhaps this is a caching issue you’re seeing?

0 Likes