18%
I use 2066 or later, with a different colour scheme
60%
I use an earlier version
3%

Total votes : 40

Re: Monokai vs Monokai Bright

Postby adzenith on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:44 pm

My only problem with Monokai is I find it impossible to see small selections in the minimap. If selections stood out more in the minimap (which would be quite a useful feature, actually) I'd be all over Monokai.
What if selections on the minimap were outlined like find results in the normal view, or something similar? Or what would also be cool is if there were arrows at the top and bottom that said something like "x more selections above/below" so you could quickly tell where all your selections were.

Summary: Monokai is nice in the normal view, but not in the minimap.
adzenith

Postby jbjornson on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 am

I had an idea about how to provide more visibility with respect to selections and bookmarks in the minimap. If you added a small gutter to the left of the minimap and coloured the area of the gutter beside the points of interest in the minimap, it might help people more easily keep track of things. If you also made these coloured areas clickable (clicking the highlighted gutter area would take you to that point in the file), it would add some very helpful functionality. Other people have mentioned the lack of visible feedback for bookmarks (in the minimap). This might be a workable solution to that problem. If the colouring is also accessible using the API, it might provide an interesting entry point for someone to implement a side-by-side file comparison plugin...
jbjornson

Postby Rhywun on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 pm

I prefer a light scheme - usually "LAZY" - but as for the Monokais, the non-bright one is better for me because I don't like "drastic" selection highlighting (and I like to see the syntax coloring in the selection, too).
Rhywun

Postby kimberly on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm

I prefer Monokai over Monokai Bright, but I also use Solarized (I'm in love with Solarized Dark).
kimberly

Postby firefusion on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 am

I use the awesome Tubster from film girl themes...

https://github.com/filmgirl/TextMate-Themes
firefusion

Previous

Return to General Discussion