Sublime Forum

Sidebar position

Hi guys,

Is there any way to change de sidebar to the right?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I too would like to position the sidebar on the right. I can’t find any mention of it on the forum or the web.

Any luck figuring this out?

I really want to use Sublime but this is kind of a deal breaker for me, as trivial as it may seem.

Thanks! :smile:

0 Likes

Unfortunately there is no way to change the side that the sidebar is on. Same issue for the minimap.

0 Likes

thanks for the quick reply.

any chance this is on the roadmap for a future release?

thanks again,

john

0 Likes

I would like to see the sidebar on the right too. Seems trivial, but is not for some people.
For the record, I can enumerate two problems with the sidebar on left.

1 - Focus on editor. The left side is were you keep most of the focus. Having something inthere with colours, changing sizes and content is kinda disturbing and distracting.
2 - Contrast with chrome theme. If you use a dark theme for the content area, but a light theme for the chrome theme, the contrast kill your eyes. This is specially true by the nights or in places with very low lights.
2 cents.

0 Likes

I’m not saying that your request for configurable sidebar position is unwarranted, but on this point, have you tried the Light/Dark Soda theme? Check the screenshots on the project page to see. github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme

0 Likes

Yes I know. My preference for the left of the gutter is the end of the screen. clear?

On mornings I can’t use dark because of the sun, a super big window, I can’t read.

0 Likes

Hi!
In sublime 2 there is sidebar on the right, is here way to switch it to tle left as it was in sublime 1?

For me it make more sence to have it on the left, because when I scroll and I’m looking for particular line number I can watch minimap and line numbers at the same time…

anyway probably this is matter of custom, it would be great if we can choose the side…

0 Likes

Is there any updates on this?

0 Likes

+1 for the feature.

0 Likes

Try my plugin and see whether you like it or not.
It’s a file browser (with focus on keyboard navigation) which you can put it on left or right as a sidebar (the commands are available in command palette)
github.com/aziz/SublimeFileBrowser

0 Likes