Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Drag Files from Sidebar

Drag Files from Sidebar

Postby sops21 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:52 pm

In past editors that I have used (textmate in particular) I have been able to drag files out of the sidebar and drop them into a FTP client so that the FTP client can upload the file to my server. Is there a way to do this with sublime text 2?
sops21

Re: Drag Files from Sidebar

Postby natebeaty on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 am

sops21 wrote:In past editors that I have used (textmate in particular) I have been able to drag files out of the sidebar and drop them into a FTP client so that the FTP client can upload the file to my server. Is there a way to do this with sublime text 2?

You can save yourself a few mouse clicks and use a plugin: https://github.com/brickattack/st2-send_to_transmit

There's also a version that sends on save: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1995&p=10660&hilit=transmit
natebeaty

Postby sops21 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:17 am

I thought about using that, but I switch projects so often it would be a pain to constantly be changing docsend setting. I might try and rework my workflow to adjust.. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.
sops21

Postby natebeaty on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:52 am

sops21 wrote:I thought about using that, but I switch projects so often it would be a pain to constantly be changing docsend setting. I might try and rework my workflow to adjust.. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

If you're using Transmit, you don't have to change anything -- Transmit checks the file path, and if it matches a favorite, uploads to that site in the proper area.

I switch projects constantly, and this setup works beautifully. Cmd-ctrl-p, jump to Project, cmd-t, jump to file, make edit, save -- and it automatically FTPs the file to the appropriate site+folder.
natebeaty

Postby sops21 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:05 am

I didn't know that Transmit was that smart. I'll have to look at doing that. That makes a ton of sense.
sops21

Postby natebeaty on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Of course you have to have DockSend checked for any of the projects you want to have this behavior.

I used to use the same setup with TextMate years ago. I've been trying to talk the dev of ForkLift into adding the DockSend feature as I prefer that as an FTP app (Transmit is great, it's just not as powerful). It's a really slick feature for this type of workflow. Which, granted, can be dangerous -- I only use it on dev sites, then use git to push changes to live.
natebeaty

Return to General Discussion