Sublime Forum

Soda Theme - New Sublime Text 2 UI theme

Changing the close button for dirty files should also be done for Open files in the side bar, as I suggested here:

Preferably it should also be done for dirty files in the Folders section in the side bar, since one might hide both tabs and Open files and just show the project folder.

0 Likes

Completely agree. I would also like to see this.

At the moment, based on my interpretation of how Jon has implemented the “dirty” state trigger, it appears to be a property of the tab_control, rather than something more abstract, like the file itself.

When determining whether or not to trigger the dirty file icon in place of the close button, the theme does more or less the following check: “For this close button, if the parent tab element’s dirty attribute is true, display the dirty file icon”

The actual theme rules are:

// Tab dirty button
{
    "class": "tab_close_button",
    "settings": "highlight_modified_tabs"],
    "parents": {"class": "tab_control", "attributes": "dirty"]}],
    "content_margin": [8, 8],
    "layer0.texture": "Theme - Soda/Soda Light/tab-dirty.png",
    "layer0.opacity": 1.0, 
    "layer1.opacity": 0.0
},

You can see the check there with: “parents”: {“class”: “tab_control”, “attributes”: “dirty”]}],

I’m not aware at the moment of a way to leverage that for the sidebar tree without Jon adding some other form of indicator for determining if a file is clean / dirty.

I’d certainly use it, if there’s a trigger available or one was added.

0 Likes

The gutter icons paths are hard-coded, as you’ve noticed. The main reason for this is that the current gutter drawing logic isn’t aware of the theme system, and isn’t able to export elements to be themed by it. It’s also worth nothing that the gutter icons have some post-processing applied to them, so they’ll be tinted to the same color as the region added via the add_regions API.

The icon name is an argument to the add_regions API call, and may be dot, circle, bookmark or cross (although it reality name will work as long as there’s a corresponding icon in Theme - Default).

The fold marker path is hard coded for a similar reason, although it doesn’t have the tinting applied.

0 Likes

The current logic is that the tab close button is only shown if it would leave the label with at least 18 pixels of space. The number isn’t currently configurable.

0 Likes

Cheers, good to know.

Is the handling of the fold arrow icons in the gutter different to the mark / bookmark icons? I’m guessing this is because of the way bookmark / mark are manageable via the API and plugins?

0 Likes

[quote=“buymeasoda”]PLEASE NOTE: Theme folder location has now been relocated from “Packages/User” to “Packages” in the latest update

The theme has now been updated to work when placed inside the Packages folder instead of inside Packages/User. If you have cloned the theme into the User folder, you will see a broken theme (with red backgrounds) on the next git pull. To correct this issue, move the “Theme - Soda folder” from inside User to inside Packages.

See GitHub: Theme location issue https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/issues/10 and “Sublime Forum: Theme location discussion” (this thread) https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/how-to-create-a-new-language/47/1#p11550 for more details.[/quote]

I tried to copy it in Packages/Users but I still doesn’t see this theme is available :frowning:

0 Likes

As it says in the text you quoted, the theme folders go in Packages not Packages/User

And they don’t “show up” anywhere: you need to add the theme name to your Global.sublime-settings in User.

[code]// Place user-specific overrides in this file, to ensure they’re preserved
// when upgrading
{
“theme”: “Soda Light.sublime-theme”,
“highlight_modified_tabs”: true

}[/code]

I think the terminology is confusing, what with Themes and Color Schemes.

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]As it says in the text you quoted, the theme folders go in Packages not Packages/User

And they don’t “show up” anywhere: you need to add the theme name to your Global.sublime-settings in User.[/quote]

I’m getting ready to release a beta version of a theme manager to address this. Look for it in the plugin announcements section within the next 3-5hrs :smile:

0 Likes

Ok so I’ve read through here, and none of these directions seems to be working right for me.

I am a total newb when it comes to ST2 and git. However these are supposed to be easy to follow instructions…

…and this is what the outcome was:

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo298/Bmoner85/Posts/ScreenShot2012-01-25at72822AM.png

What is going on here?

0 Likes

Just download it manually. Go to https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/

Click download zip. Unzip. Place the resulting directory “Theme - Soda” into your Packages/User folder.

In User/Global.sublime-settings, add "theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme"

That’s it.

0 Likes

[quote=“handycam”]Just download it manually. Go to https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/

Click download zip. Unzip. Place the resulting directory “Theme - Soda” into your Packages/User folder.

In User/Global.sublime-settings, add "theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme"

That’s it.[/quote]

Ok I got it to work. I wasn’t aware I had to place the WHOLE directory in there. I thought I had to take what I needed from out of that folder and rename it.

Another problem though is that as soon as I saved the theme, my tab text went nuts.

0 Likes

How so? Sometimes you need to restart ST2 to fix any graphical errors that occur when the theme loads.

0 Likes

You’ll need to place the theme folder, which should be named Theme - Soda into just the Packages directory, rather than Packages/User. If you have it in the User directory, then that’d be why everything went wonky :wink:

0 Likes

I’ve added this to the Soda Dark theme!

<dict>
			<key>name</key>
			<string>Embedded source</string>
			<key>scope</key>
			<string>text source, string.unquoted</string>
			<key>settings</key>
			<dict>
				<key>background</key>
				<string>#343434</string>
			</dict>
		</dict>

I gives highlights on other code languages, with this is easier to read between multiple languages on the same file! (imho :smiley:)

0 Likes

[quote=“harleyotto”]This is excellent!
What color scheme are you using in the screens?[/quote]

It says right on his github page, including the link to download them: https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/

0 Likes

I’ve created my own slighty modified Version of Monokai to fit with Soda Dark UI:

Greets,
Simon

0 Likes

Thanks for this excellent theme.

Do you know how to make the tab label and file tree label font larger? I looked everywhere. The old eyes are going…

0 Likes

I think for something like that you need an UI Theme, not a color theme :wink:

But maybe there’s a Sublime Setting for increasing font-size in General?

Greets,
Simon

0 Likes

The minimap location overlay is lost when the Dark theme is used with “Slush & Poppies” :frowning:

0 Likes

The dark version is excellent!

The only tweak I see that I’d like is to change the color of the text highlighting in the find panel. Is there a property that I can target the color of for that?

0 Likes