Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2084

jps@sublimetext.com

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

jps@sublimetext.com[/quote]

Done.

0 Likes

Thanks! I believe the issue is caused by the blinking cursor, if the caret_style setting is changed to disable blinking, it should go away. Hopefully the next build won’t be too long away.

0 Likes

[quote=“que”]

Great! Thanks.
IMO wide blinking should be default.[/quote]

+1

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]

Great! Thanks.
IMO wide blinking should be default.
+1[/quote]

+1

0 Likes

Unless I’ve just happened to miss this setting for the past few versions (which I hope I haven’t, as I started writing a plugin to do it for me on save, but failed miserably when I didn’t know the ST2 API and the docs are for ST1) we also have another new setting which I’ve been longing for: trim_trailing_white_space_on_save (default false, I’ve overridden to true)

In addition to that, I don’t know how long this bug has been in (as I don’t use overwrite mode) but (and this may be dependent on caret style, I’m on the default of smooth) in overwrite mode, at the end of a line, the overwrite caret is just one pixel wide (trying to be as wide as the character under it which is a newline character and thus hidden. And at the beginning of a tabbed-in line, it assumes a tabwidth of 8 characters (I have 2) so it goes a bit funny.

Screenshots:

http://www.clevercherry.com/media/image/blogs/alex/overwrite-bol.png
http://www.clevercherry.com/media/image/blogs/alex/overwrite-eol.png

Obviously it doesn’t matter to me, as I pretty much don’t use overwrite ever. Just happened to notice it.

0 Likes

@alexrussell, In case you couldn’t solve the problem with your plugin, there’s some documentation here:

sublimetext.com/docs/2/

0 Likes

There seems to be a regression bug from 2083: “Tab close buttons will show on hover if hidden via show_tab_close_buttons” no longer works.

0 Likes

2085 is out now, with a fix for the crash introduced in 2084.

There are a few under the hood changes on the OS X side of things, too - this is the first build compiled on 10.7, although it’ll work on 10.6 and 10.7.

0 Likes

This is touched on in the 2084 change log: it received only negative feedback, so I took it out.

0 Likes

Too bad, I actually liked it. I guess people didn’t like the way the tab text moved on the hover. Oh well, keep up the great work!

0 Likes

Is the height of the build panel saved ?
It half work:
Open ST2 -> Build -> change height of the build panel -> close the panel -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Build -> (OK: The panel has the previous height) -> close the panel -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Build -> (OK: The panel has the previous height) -> close the panel -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Build -> (KO: The panel height is reinitialized)

startup, version: 2085 windows x64 channel: dev

0 Likes

I experienced a massive bug the other day…

Sublime crashed whilst I was editing a file, when I went to open it again, all of the content had gone. Nothing left, just the file. This was Dev Build 2083.

0 Likes

Anyone use lunixbochs’ sublimelint plugin? I think this last build may have effected it. Usually it will catch unused imports, and now it doesn’t.

Edit: nevermind, not sure what was going on. Works fine now.

0 Likes

I’m running into a font rendering issue where text is getting cutoff on lines my cursor is on.

You can see the issue here: cl.ly/8g3q
The text should read dt.name but it cuts off the first part of the n.

0 Likes

Could you let me know the font, font size, and font options that you’re using? If possible, it’d be great if you could also make a screenshot of what the line looks like without the caret on it.

0 Likes

I have problem with “Anonymous Pro” font with size 10. Some chars is cropped. It problem was in previous builds too.

With new cursor and with using paddings cursor looks aligned below the string. It is not very prettily :smile:

0 Likes

I use "rulers": [80, 100] in my user file settings.

In build 2085, this results in the expected two rulers in OSX SL & Lion, but in Windows 7 only the 80 ruler shows.

0 Likes

I think this was introduced a few versions back, but now when a file that is opened is changed and gets reloaded, the buffer is sent back to the beginning rather than staying where it is at. This is really inconvenient for example when monitoring logs while debugging. Any chance we can get the old behavior back?

0 Likes

DirectWrite can report strange metrics with some fonts - remove the directwrite option and the problem will go away.

I’m impressed you found a use for multiple rulers! Multiple rulers are rendering fine for me under Windows, two things to check are:

1. The applied setting. Type ‘view.settings().get(“rulers”)’ in the console, and check that the reported value is what you expect.
  2. Verify that the window is in fact wide enough to display the second ruler.
0 Likes