Sublime Forum

Recent file list missing files

The recent file menu seems to be missing some files, and I’m not sure if it’s as-designed (it’s definitely different that what I’d expect based on other programs).

If you open a file in one location (say “c:/foo/myfile.txt”), and then save to another location (say “c:/bar/myfile.txt”), the first location doesn’t show in the MRU list. It seems like the list is only updated on file save or file close, not file open.

Could the behavior be switched to update the MRU list on both file open as well as file save?

sidenote - I’m thoroughly enjoying Sublime, and have just purchased it. It’s also making the rounds at work as people see others using it. Thanks for making something worth switching to!

0 Likes

It’s only updated on file close - while applications commonly do add just opened files to the MRU list, this behavior seems mad to me - if the file was just opened, then having it at the top of the MRU seems silly.

On the other hand, it would be better if the old file name was added to the list when doing a Save As.

0 Likes

Update on “save as” with the old name would work definitely address the current behavior.

0 Likes