Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2096

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/497583/screenshots/2011-08-03_1922.png

0 Likes

jps, I love the new vi mode, since I do switch between vim, sublime and VS in my day-to-day work
Innovations/features like this are my reason to buy/pay for Sublime.

0 Likes

It’s commonly used on the C++ side to display lists of things in the menus, for example:

class UrlListCommand(sublime_plugin.WindowCommand):
    urls = ...]

def run(self, index):
        if index < len(urls):
            open_url(index)

def is_visible()
        return index < len(urls)

def description(self, index):
        if index < len(urls):
            return "Open URL: " + urls[index]

You can then create menu items that call this command with various indices, as done for the open_recent_file command in the main menu.

0 Likes

Another otherwise undocumented feature is 2096 is the ability to bind to wildcard characters. If you setup a key binding to “”, then that’ll match any character, and forward the matched character onto the command via the “character” argument. For example:

{ "keys": "r", "<character>"], "command": "replace_character" }

This is used by Vintage to implement, ‘r’, ‘f’, ‘t’, etc.

0 Likes

If you specify an argument called “character” in the binding, then it’ll get overwritten by the actual typed character. Other arguments are unaffected.

Next build will be out today.

0 Likes

For some reason it seems like my User Key Bindings aren’t loading. If I remove the Default (OSX).sublime-keymap file from Packages/User, the console prints:

found 5 files for base name Default.sublime-keymap

If I put it back, it still prints the same thing. If I fill it with mal-formed JSON, it doesn’t give me an error message on save, even though the default Default (OSX).sublime-keymap will give me such an error.
Thougts?
Thanks!

0 Likes

Build 2097 is out now, addressing the issue where platform specific key bindings weren’t read from the user package.

0 Likes

Wow…i love this!!! You have to keep vintage part of sublime :smile: (you might want to make the cursor more visable in visual mode like screencast.com/t/j2Uk1Z5kDrO)

If I could figure out Build on save I would buy sublime today.

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

Are you on Lion? If yes, this os has a… feature that prevent repeat keystrokes.[/quote]

Thank you. This was indeed the issue. This new Lion function can fortunately be disabled using

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false

0 Likes

I like that / is mapped and opens the find menu, can we have : mapped to goto line number?

Many thanks

0 Likes

also f then a letter works great but it’s missing ; which is the next occurrence of the letter, if that could be added it would be great :smiley:

0 Likes

@sublimator

I’m on win7 64 bit.

0 Likes

As a long-time Vim user, I just wanted to second all the thanks for new Vintage mode. :smile:
I hope the “experiment” won’t be gone so soon …

edited after reading the initial posting… :ugeek:

0 Likes

I’ve been having a go with Vintage and the thing I can say I’m missing the most at the moment is Text Object Selections. I keep doing dit and daw commands and they don’t work.

It would be nice to have a cheatsheet of what is implemented already. I know we can view the code and bindings, but these aren’t the easiest things for a human to quickly parse. :smile:

0 Likes

I’m trying to turn on Vintage mode, but I am not seeing any ignored_packages in the global settings.

I have the beta 2095

0 Likes

[quote=“elijahmanor”]I’m trying to turn on Vintage mode, but I am not seeing any ignored_packages in the global settings.

I have the beta 2095[/quote]

Vintage mode was only released with 2096—you’ll need to run the new dev build.

0 Likes

Hey, just commenting to say that I love this feature. I switched from Sublime 1.0 to MacVim, but have now happily returned. Keep up the awesome work.

0 Likes

Sometimes when a plugin fails sublime displays the error but doesn’t load the interface. For example I wasn’t connected to the net after installing this plugin…

wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

It displayed an error about not being able to connect to the remote package list and then didn’t load sublime. I had to end the task in the task manager (windows 7 64 - ST Build 2101)

0 Likes

As a Vim user I find the Vintage mode VERY useful.
If you don’t know if to keep or not the Vintage mode into the future just think about that a plug-in (ViEmu) to enable Vim mode for VisualStudio cost almost double the price of Sublimetext. There is also an add-on for Firefox to enable Vim like navigation.

Personally I think Vintage is the way to go. Will be hard to learn at the beginning but after passing the learning curve you will just don’t get back. Vim mode is just so fast and powerful.

0 Likes

Hi,

Being a console-exclusive, kind’o power-user Vi 7.3 user, I must say the Vintage mode catched my interest pretty fast. I guess if you keep on implementing the core features (navigation, selection), you may well convince many people to switch. Many vim users would be happy with the 20% Vim features they’re used to. Some may never consider using Sublime for it’s not FOSS, but most of them already run proprietary GPU drivers, so you never know :wink:

Please, consider keeping it and working on it!

0 Likes