Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2098

Dev Build 2098 is available now.

The various find/replace/incremental find panels are now driven by commands, and consequently, the key bindings show up on the button tool tips. There’s also more ability to customize these panels now, as key bindings can be targeted at a specific panel via the new “panel” context option (see the default key bindings for examples).

The API side of things, show_quick_panel now takes an optional flag, sublime.MONOSPACE_FONT, allowing plugins to have more control over the formatting of the list.

Vintage has also received several updates.

0 Likes

Any chance the quick panel/command palette will ever be forwarded key modifiers at the time of validation? In the case of the quick panel, they’d have to be passed down as on_done(s, modifiers), I guess.

0 Likes

Finally. :smiley: sublimator will hush now!

0 Likes

Is it just a boolean flag? If so, can the actual font be set in a settings file or in the UI theme? That would be ideal.

0 Likes

Please don’t use “Enter” as the key name on OS X. The proper key name should be “Return”. An extended keyboard with a numeric keypad has a separate “Enter” key which is not the same as Return – and doesn’t work for the find/replace buttons because it has a different key code.

0 Likes

Looks like a new bug cropped up in this release – as long as the find panel (or incremental find panel) is open, it steals return/enter keypresses from the editor (even when it doesn’t have focus). Spotted in Windows x64 build.

0 Likes

This is not related to OSX btw.

0 Likes

Awesome update, thank you for listening!

0 Likes

The default comment style (with ctrl+/) in PHP seems to have changed from // to # in this release. Also, the default block comment style has changed from /* */ to , which obviously doesn’t work at all in PHP.

0 Likes

Yea, definitely something weird going on with the enter key. When I have the python console open it works fine though.

0 Likes

Seems like there are strange things happening with UNDO and “vintage” vim mode. screencast.com/t/JMdu3tui2I6r

0 Likes

[ceej] Seems like there are strange things happening with UNDO and “vintage” vim mode.

yep, I’ve ran into a similar strange clobbered string after searching, changing and using ‘.’ to repeat. At some point, ‘u’ left me with a garbled string. I curerntly can’t repro how I ran into it.

Other issue: entering visual mode with ‘v’ & ‘V’ seem now busted, I can only visual select with the non-vim Shift+Up or +Down etc.

Edit: BTW: both issues for me on WS08R2 (using 32bit ST build)

0 Likes

Agreed. Wanted to just say I’ve really been really enjoying ST2, and very much appreciate the dialog & quick responses to issues in releases. You’ve been on a rampage with updates.

0 Likes

On OSX, how come the replace button is the only one that doesn’t show a key binding on hover?

0 Likes

It’s so complicate to add a bracellet costumization options? Seriously now… :frowning: I’'m dissapointed to wait alot of time for same kind of ‘future’.

0 Likes

Also, the bottom tooltips show outside the application window, so they’re basically hidden when you’re in fullscreen.

0 Likes

Hey man… please take it easy. It’s this sort of thing that really demotivates a developer. We’re not ENTITLED to every feature we can imagine. Try hitting up the Textmate developer and demanding a new feature… or the Kod developer.

On a semi-related note: I think Vintage mode is super cool… but frankly, I’m not sure how much of a rabbit trail I’d want Jon to go down while “scratching this itch”. A decent Vim exists on all the platforms. Do we need Sublime to reproduce it? If you’re a Vim user, why not just use Vim?

This isn’t meant to flame anyone. I love features and options. I love the awesomeness that is Sublime!!!

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick updates and listening to our feedback, it is much appreciated.

One small bug in 2098: if I do a find and then find next/previous, a while outline of the find highlight region is left behind. Screenshot attached.

0 Likes

That’s by design, unless you’ve closed the find panel

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

That’s by design, unless you’ve closed the find panel[/quote]

Then the problem is you are always using a white border, which is great if you are using a dark background theme, but if you are using a white background theme, the border is invisible. I guess the border should be drawn in the plain text color of the current theme, right?

One other thing I’ve found. Editing the current syntax file does not reload it. I have to quit and restart to see the changes. Am I missing some magic incantation, is this by design, or is it a regression?

0 Likes