Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2099

Dev Build 2099 is out now.

The biggest change isn’t listed in the changelog: there’s a new selector matching implementation that’s faster, and should rank scopes using an equivalent algorithm to TextMate. Let me know if you see any issues.

Along with the new selector implementation, there are several new API functions to expose the selector scoring function (allowing multiple selectors to be ranked vs a scope), adding the ability to select with arbitrary selectors and scope names (rather than having to source a scope name from a point in a view), and being able to search the buffer for regions matching a given selector (e.g., view.find_by_selector(“comment”) will give you all the commented out regions).

Vintage is better behaved now, too, especially visual mode.

0 Likes

Slow, man, slow! :mrgreen:

(thanks for the update, btw)

0 Likes

PHP doesn’t seem to highlight at all now :frowning:

0 Likes

I waiting it too! It`s the only one thing that i missed here…

0 Likes

This doesn’t seem right to me…

startup, version: 2099 windows x64 channel: dev executable: /C/Program Files/Sublime Text 2/sublime_text.exe working dir: /C/Windows/system32 packages path: /C/Users/James.Brooks/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages settings path: /C/Users/James.Brooks/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Settings **package /C/Program Files/Sublime Text 2/Pristine Packages/ActionScript.sublime-package is newer than the installed version (/C/Users/James.Brooks/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Pristine Packages/ActionScript.sublime-package), running PackageSetup error parsing session: No data at: 0:0** PackageSetup returned: -1 catalogue loaded found 6 files for base name Default.sublime-keymap found 2 files for base name Default.sublime-mousemap found 1 files for base name Main.sublime-menu

0 Likes

It’s working for me, FWIW.

That’s normal after installing a new version - it’s just printing a message to indicate that PackageSetup will run, which updates the various files under Packages for the new version.

0 Likes

I just installed CodeIntel plugins, but I’ve now removed them and still nothing.

Other than that I’ve not changed anything?

0 Likes

I’ve just completely removed Sublime and re-installed. Still no PHP :frowning:

0 Likes

If you want to revert to a freshly installed state, these are the instructions to follow: sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

That’s what I followed :smile:

Actually turns out that all I had to do was change theme. No idea why :unamused:

0 Likes

PHPDoc highlighting doesn’t seem to be doing anything now :frowning:

And this time, I’ve changed theme and tried it on my co-workers PC.

0 Likes

I get syntax highlighting if I use Monokai or Monokai Bright, but not if I use any of the themes I installed, or some other stock themes.

Sounds like a bug.

I have a lot of custom themes and keybindings, so I’m not going to reinitialize my userdata; I’ll just wait 'til the bug is fixed and deal with Monokai for a day or two.

0 Likes

I have a syntax highlighting issue with PHP too screencast.com/t/7JqUTyTV9 it no longer highlights variables in double quotes properly.

0 Likes

I have what is effectively an erb file, but it is not highlighting embedded css or tags correctly. No coloring on any tag attributes and no coloring at all for css. Tag names show up as yellow, but thats it. I am using the Dobdark tmtheme. I also added rules to highlight annotations in javascript :frowning:, but those no longer highlight. I changed my theme to give the full scope path and it still didn’t highlight them. I have a screenshot if you need one.

Could you also provide some insight into how scopes are actually ranked against various scope selectors. Is it done more or less like css?

Also, would it be possible to have a version of ctrl+alt+shift+p that does not disappear after 5 seconds? It’s so annoying when I am trying to type the scope and it disappears :smile:. Also, would it be possible to have a keybind to print the color of the current text, or at least the theme rule that it is using? The reason is sometimes I like to copy a color from one section of my theme to another, but I’m not sure which color it is. Without a theme editor it is really hard to figure it out?
http://aj.palkovic.net/sublime.png

0 Likes

I’m getting a behavior I never noticed before with the find panel:

While the find panel is open, I can still edit my document, except for the “enter” key. Now the enter key is always passed to the “Find” button… previously I thought this happens only when the blinking cursor is active in the find panel.

Also, when I hit “Find all”, the find panel disappears. I thought I used to hit “Find all” and then “Replace all” without re-activating the find panel.

[edit: this is actually dev 2098, i haven’t used 2099 yet]

0 Likes

Found another issue with highlighting. When creating a new php file it doesn’t apply any syntax highlighting.

0 Likes

Another theme-related bug-- I use one (Tomorrow-Night) which works great. For Widget.sublime-settings, I set the syntax to a .tmLanguage file based on Python, which colors the console’s output. Now (after this release), it doesn’t. But if I switch themes, it works again. Weird.

Edit: confirmed, I went back to 2098 and it works right off the bat.

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]

Oh awesome! Wanted these for ages. This is great.[/quote]

I agree, I’ve been wanting this too. I’ll rewrite my css sorter semi soon.

0 Likes

found an issue with vintage. c + w to clear a word like SOME_VALUE it stops when it reaches _ but in vim it will clear the whole word.

0 Likes

ajpalkovic: thanks for the useful bug report - the issue is fixed now in 2100. Color scheme rules were being applied in the opposite order they should have been, so the least specific rule was taking precedence.

The selector scoring rule is essentially rightmost longest: the rightmost space separated portion, and then matching the longest portion of this. e.g., for the scope “source.c++ comment.c”, selectors would rank in this order:

source.c++ comment.c
source comment.c
comment.c
source comment
comment
source.c++
source

0 Likes