Sublime Forum

Focus groups

Hi,

This, I fear, is a dumb question: What are the “focus groups” implied by the options in the View menu actually used for? I’ve tried clicking the few options there, but they don’t seem to do anything.

Martin

0 Likes

Hey there,

It’s been a while, so you probably have figured this out by now, but if not and for anyone else, focus groups refers to the various panes you have open and the sidebar. Although there is no option for it in the menu, ctrl+0 will put the keyboard focus on the sidebar file tree (I think there should be a way to do that with the mouse too, I presume clicking doesn’t so that one can continue typing uninterrupted utilizing ST’s view-but-not-actually-open feature). The panes can be accessed via ctrl+1, ctrl+2, etc. These match up with the keyboard shortcuts listed in the focus groups submenu. Using that function should move your caret to the respective pane, and Move to file should move the currently focused file to the given pane.

If you don’t have a file open in a pane, it can be difficult to tell if the cursor is there or where it went, which is probably where your confusion came from. Hope that helps someone :smile:

0 Likes