Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2102

Re: Dev Build 2102

Postby ceej on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Thank you the update, hope you're having/had a good trip. I have one thing I found a few days ago in vintage mode. If you press shift + V on a line to highlight it and then press up to highlight the lines above, the original line you had selected becomes unselected. If you do this in reverse it works just fine, i.e. selecting a line then hitting the down arrow.

Many thanks!

p.s. the true VIM nature is when you press ctrl + v it highlights that entire line, letting go of the keys that line is still highlighted then pressing up or down it will selected the entire line again in what ever direction you press until you stop hitting up or down.
ceej

Postby khamer on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Some minor things re: vintage mode I've noticed:
  • Using r to replace a character shouldn't advance the caret to the next character.
  • Inside of a tag (or brackets), vitd and dit should behave like vitx and not the same as vatd or dat; that is, they shouldn't delete the outer tag.
  • vit should select the contents inside of a tag when the cursor is on the closing tag; it does this correctly when the cursor is on the opening tag.
  • alt-w should be act as a text object so that things like vi<alt-w> work.
  • When using multi-carets, registers are still global; so yank is pretty much useless. I'm not sure sure what the best implementation is here; maybe clone all registers when entering multi-caret, but when anything is put into the registers only make the changes to that caret's registers. That's more or less how <ctrl-x>/<ctrl-v> work.
khamer

Postby alanandersen1 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Small issue when working in JSP's with vintage:
When doing CIT with the sweet new Text Objects, If the cursor is in curly brace scope, the tag selection seems to go to the closest parent tag outside of the curly braces, instead of the correct tag.
Underscore is where the cursor is.

Code: Select all
<table>
   <tr>
      _<td></td> <!-- selects in between tr fine -->
   </tr>
<%
   if (someCondition)
   {
      %>
      <tr>
            _<td>asdf</td> <!-- selects in between table instead -->
      </tr>
      <%
   }
%>
</table>
Last edited by alanandersen1 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanandersen1

Postby ajpalkovic on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 pm

I've been seeing a lot of artifacts on the screen today. Typically it appears to be cursors or indent guides in the middle of my text. They stay there when I select text and scroll and edit the document. I tried to take a screenshot of it, but then they went away :( . So, yea, I don't know if you've made any changes recently that might have caused it. It seems fairly rare, but I'd point it out anyway.
ajpalkovic

Postby oriceon on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Nice work
oriceon

Postby TechnoCat on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:12 am

Anyone else get bad indenting with Lua's "elseif"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zc_n4xIAHs
TechnoCat

Postby lunaroverlord on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:34 am

Introduction of the vintage mode is what made me switch completely to Sublime Text on Linux. Thank you for this wonderful piece of software!

Is there a chance seeing Sublime Text parse my .vimrc in the future? At least the key bindings. Right now I've set one of my absolute favorites, "jj" for exiting insert mode, in the plugin's keymap:
Code: Select all
   { "keys": ["j", "j"], "command": "exit_insert_mode",
      "context":
      [
         { "key": "setting.command_mode", "operand": false },
         { "key": "setting.is_widget", "operand": false }
      ]
   },

Yet, it would be a pain to translate all of my .vimrc and I'm not sure everything is possible.
lunaroverlord

Postby wbond on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 am

charlesroper wrote:A couple of gotchas: I think both Zen and Alignment packages have Ctrl+Shift+a bindings. My did at any rate. So you might need to change your bindings to suit.

The newest version of Alignment provides an additional alternate key binding that doesn't conflict with expand selection to tag. In a future release I intend to remove the ctrl+shift+a/cmd+shift+a key bindings and just leave the newer ones.
wbond

Previous

Return to General Discussion