Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2104

Re: Dev Build 2104

Postby bizoo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:03 pm

ajpalkovic wrote:The basic idea was if I click on column 2, all of the indent guides on column 2 would change color a little bit. This was helpful for me so I could click, then scroll and follow the indent guide visually. It was easy to follow it because it was a different color. There were other small features, but that is the core idea.

Good idea!
+1
bizoo

Postby firefusion on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 am

Thanks for the guides Jon they're great!

ajpalkovic wrote:The basic idea was if I click on column 2, all of the indent guides on column 2 would change color a little bit. This was helpful for me so I could click, then scroll and follow the indent guide visually. It was easy to follow it because it was a different color. There were other small features, but that is the core idea.

+1 Awesome idea
firefusion

Postby dlprice on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:28 am

For the last couple releases, I have seen multiple "Key Bindings - Default" and "Key Bindings - User" menu items under the "Preference" menu. From looking at the Main.sublime-menu files, it appears that perhaps there is one entry per OS, however I don't know how to get just the Windows platform to appears. Additionally, none of them actually open their respective files. I have removed the "Sublime Text 2" folder to 'reset' the application, but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas?
dlprice

Postby ekolguy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:02 am

Thumbs up for the guides, been waiting for them so long. I think I've spotted a little aesthetic bug: http://twitpic.com/6ay1ag
ekolguy

Postby firefusion on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 am

I don't seem to be able to save new projects anymore...
firefusion

Postby jps on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:40 am

Save Project As was inadvertently commented out in 2104 (!), will be back for 2105
jps
Site Admin

Postby wbond on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the latest API changes Jon!
wbond

Postby jps on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm

dlprice wrote:For the last couple releases, I have seen multiple "Key Bindings - Default" and "Key Bindings - User" menu items under the "Preference" menu. From looking at the Main.sublime-menu files, it appears that perhaps there is one entry per OS, however I don't know how to get just the Windows platform to appears. Additionally, none of them actually open their respective files. I have removed the "Sublime Text 2" folder to 'reset' the application, but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas?

It sounds like you've got multiple Main.sublime-menu files - they get merged together, which will cause the duplicate entries you're seeing. The per-operating system entries are just a red herring - you can delete them and verify for yourself.

Either delete the second menu file you've got, or follow these instructions to reset everything to a vanilla state - http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html
jps
Site Admin

Postby dlprice on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:41 pm

jps wrote:
dlprice wrote:For the last couple releases, I have seen multiple "Key Bindings - Default" and "Key Bindings - User" menu items under the "Preference" menu. From looking at the Main.sublime-menu files, it appears that perhaps there is one entry per OS, however I don't know how to get just the Windows platform to appears. Additionally, none of them actually open their respective files. I have removed the "Sublime Text 2" folder to 'reset' the application, but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas?

It sounds like you've got multiple Main.sublime-menu files - they get merged together, which will cause the duplicate entries you're seeing. The per-operating system entries are just a red herring - you can delete them and verify for yourself.

Either delete the second menu file you've got, or follow these instructions to reset everything to a vanilla state - http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

Through a process of elimination, I was able to resolve this. It turns out that I had a script in my User folder named open_file.py. When I removed this script, or renamed it, the issue went away. I suspect it was conflicting with something built-in?
dlprice

Previous

Return to General Discussion