Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2114

Dev Build 2114

Postby jps on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:53 am

Dev Build 2114 is out now. Bracket highlighting has been tweaked, and tag highlighting is in there now, too. There are a few options for customizing the appearance in the .tmTheme files, have a look at Monokai.tmTheme for some examples.

Word wrapping has also been changed a little: when source code is being word wrapped (i.e., anything matching the selector 'source - comment'), it'll be indented on the following line by an extra tab stop. This can make dealing with word wrapped source code a bit more pleasant.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Dev Build 2114

Postby jps on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:11 pm

sublimator wrote:Syntax highlighting no longer seems to show up in the selections :(

Shoot, will fix for 2115

sublimator wrote:Is there a setting for the old bracket matching without highlighting?

You'll have to edit the .tmTheme and remove 'foreground' from the bracketsOptions value.
jps
Site Admin

Postby iamntz on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks for the update!
I guess there will be one or two happy guys there! :mrgreen:
iamntz

Postby alexrussell on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:37 pm

It's funny how all it takes for Jon to implement the features people clamour for (indent guides, close HTML tag, bracket/tag matching) is for someone to make a plugin to do it and then he's right on the case!

Sorry, not trolling, just noticed it. Unfortunately I'm too used to pyparadigm's brakcets and tag matching that the core implementation now seems a bit lame (as great as it would have been to have this functionality a few weeks ago). D'oh!

I think I'll still turn the plugins off and go with the core stuff as I presume it won't bog down a long file like the plugin does, plus I'm getting a bit aggravated by the view regions (rather than a simpler font colour). But the thing the plugin does over the core implementation which I hope Jon will cover is the display of the current bracket scope when you're even within the brackets (i.e., not JUST next to).
alexrussell

Postby oriceon on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi jps. Could you make an option to change background of brackets too?

Like this:

oriceon

Postby jps on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:49 pm

sublimator wrote:Now it's pretty much as before, though slightly brighter when a cursor is adjacent a bracket.

I guess I should provide some more details :)

There are 6 new keys in the theme:

bracketsForeground
bracketsOptions
bracketContentsForeground
bracketContentsOptions
tagsForeground
tagsOptions

xxxForeground controls the color of the underline and text, while xxxOptions contains a space separated list of flags, which may be 'underline' and 'foreground'. 'underline' will show an underline, while 'foreground' will show the text itself in a different color.

'bracketsXXX' is used when the caret is next to the brackets, while 'bracketContentsXXX' is used when the caret is between brackets. If you set all the bracketsXXX and bracketContentsXXX keys to the same value, then there will be no visual difference between having the caret next to a bracket or not.
jps
Site Admin

Postby iamntz on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 pm

which may be 'underline' and 'foreground'. 'underline' will show an underline, while 'foreground' will show the text itself in a different color.

Please add `outline` option too! And a background color!

Pretty please with a cherry on top? :mrgreen:
iamntz

Postby alexrussell on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 pm

jps wrote:'bracketsXXX' is used when the caret is next to the brackets, while 'bracketContentsXXX' is used when the caret is between brackets. If you set all the bracketsXXX and bracketContentsXXX keys to the same value, then there will be no visual difference between having the caret next to a bracket or not.

Thanks for the info here, but this doesn't appear to work for me. I have my theme options as:

Code: Select all
<key>bracketsForeground</key>
<string>#f92572</string>
<key>bracketsOptions</key>
<string>foreground underline</string>

<key>bracketsContentForeground</key>
<string>#f92572</string>
<key>bracketsContentsOptions</key>
<string>foreground underline</string>

But I get this:
inside.png
inside.png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 2826 times

adjacent.png
adjacent.png (4.57 KiB) Viewed 2832 times

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
alexrussell

Postby jps on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:19 pm

alexrussell wrote:Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Check you're using "bracketContents" and not "bracketsContent" - there's a typo along these lines in the changes to Monokai.tmTheme
jps
Site Admin

Postby jbjornson on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:37 pm

It would be nice if there was an equivalent to the "bracketContents" for tags as well (so the enclosing tags are highlighted when the cursor is in the content of the tag)...

It looks nice though and there is no effect on the performance (unlike the plugin which I had to remove almost immediately because of how much it slowed things down).

Thanks.
jbjornson

Next

Return to General Discussion