Sublime Forum

LaTeX projects and included files

Hi everyone!
Say I’m making a LaTeX book, and I have 100 tex files in the book’s folder, but only 25 are called through includes and inputs from the master file and subfiles.
I was wondering, is there a way I could have just the included files included in the project, instead of every file in the project folder.
thanks!

Sotiris

0 Likes

Hi Sotiris,

the LaTeXTools plugin does not really interact with ST2 projects at all. Maybe I don’t understand what you are asking, but in general you don’t need to add any files to a project—just make sure that the included files have the %!TEX root = line at the top.

M

0 Likes

Marciano, thanks for the reply!
What I wanted ideally is to have a kind of a structured display of the tex files involved, a “build view”, as in winedt (see dl.dropbox.com/u/1021226/ScreenClip.png)

As you can see, The chap numbers are different than their order, and that’s because I’ve changed their place a couple of times. I guess this is harder to implement, so I would settle for an unstructured, unordered view of the tex files involved. But only them. Not tex files that are no more included, obsolete etc.
Do you think this can be done with ST2?
thanks very much!

0 Likes

Well, one could certainly write a command that generates a dependencies list such as the one WinEdt shows, and perhaps permits navigation. The list would be displayed either in a quick panel, or in a regular output panel at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure whether one could keep such a list open in a side pane—I’m guessing it’s not possible, but I may be wrong.

0 Likes