Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2118

Dev Build 2118 is out now, with a few polish related changes. Notably, expanding folders on the side bar is now easier: you can click anywhere in the row, rather than only on the triangle button.

The behaviour of “Find Next Using Selection” (Ctrl+F3 / Command+Option+G) has changed a little: if the selection is empty, it’ll search by whole words, otherwise it’ll search for substrings. The previous behaviour was to use whatever the current whole word setting on the find panel was. Ctrl+D/Command+D has changed in a similar way.

0 Likes

hey jon,

i believe i found a bug. If i resize the layout of let’s say a 2 column layout the left column is removed and i end up suddenly with a one column layout.

0 Likes

Thanks for the report - will fix for 2119

0 Likes

Just letting you know that Folding hotkeys are not compatible with Spanish keyboards on Mac.

CMD + ALT + | ] are used to modify indentation.

0 Likes

I’ve never been able to get Ctrl Shift N to open a new window for me. Am I the only one?

Windows 64bit

0 Likes

Great, I like this new behavior a lot.

IMHO, the behavior of the ctrl+shift+f3 that first select the current word before searching the previous one is still cumbersome (https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/find-under-find-under-prev-inconsistency/2420/1#p13793).

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]@firefusion

That would be because of ZenCoding. It also uses ctrl+shift+n and was doing so before S2.

"keys": "ctrl+shift+n" ], "__doc__": "Find and select HTML tag pair\n\n\n@param direction: Direction of pair matching: 'in' or 'out'. \n@type direction: str ", "args": { "action": "match_pair", "direction": "out", "syntax": null }, "command": "run_zen_action",

When I ported Zen to S2 I wasn’t using S2 yet. I meant to change it but I forgot about it.

Any votes for a replacement binding?[/quote]

ctrl+alt+n would work just fine.

0 Likes

Good stuff! Though there seems to be a regression? In the find (and find/replace) panels, the hotkeys for toggling options don’t seem to work now (e.g. alt-c doesn’t toggle case sensitivity)?

0 Likes

Another user posted on another topic suggesting that plugins use combination key bindings (like the “ctrl+k, ctrl+b” binding used to toggle the side bar), with the first of the combination being a kind of plugin selector, consistent across all key bindings for the plugin. In this case, I would suggest using “atl+z” as a selector for the ZenCoding shortcuts and then adding something afterwards for each shortcut. In this case, maybe “alt+z, alt+n”?

FWIW, I don’t actually use the ZenCoding plugin so this might be a terrible idea in practice, but the concept sounded good when I read it the other day.

0 Likes

Sublimator, yes! :wink:

0 Likes

Welcome to the key bindings nightmare :smiling_imp:

0 Likes

I’m the only one who found ctrl+alt+shift+n as a good combination for new window? :open_mouth:

0 Likes

Is there any way to bring back the old tag highlights of using the square outline around the tag. This build introduced the dotted underline but with certain themes, the highlighting gets lost in the code.

0 Likes

This isn’t working for me on Mac :cry:
I’m on 2135. It does work on Windows. On Mac, it’s single-click on the triangle or double-click on the folder name.

0 Likes

It was changed in 2134

0 Likes

Ah, I see. Not a big deal, thanks.

0 Likes