Sublime Forum

Adding id's & classes to tags

I may be wrong or I may be slightly mistaken but I’m sure there was a time - a few dev builds ago maybe - that I could type # while in an open div and it would immediately convert to this: id="" with the cursor in between the quotes.The final output would be <div id="">
I loved that feature!

BTW, adding a class, quickly, used a .

The reason I maybe wrong or mistaken is because it easily could’ve been a plugin that produced this functionality & not Sublime itself; when I first started using Sublime I went a bit plugin crazy so I can’t be sure if it was native or not…

Can anyone back me up on this or point me in the right direction?

0 Likes

It’s a behavior inducted by zencoding plugin.

0 Likes

ah ok… seems strange that it no longer works. Are there two zencoding plugins?

0 Likes

I miss that feature too. Anybody knows of a replacement plugin ?

0 Likes

I believe the package is now called Emmet.

0 Likes

I have Emmet and this feature isn’t part of it.

Anyway just found that “i[tab]” and “cl[tab]” work for me. Don’t know if its from Emmet or HTML package though

0 Likes

You may have installed my HTMLAttributes package :smile: available via Package Control.

0 Likes

Not to put anyone down or anything, but why are people just installing random plugins and then act surprised when they do stuff or screw stuff up for other plugins?

0 Likes

I agree with this sentiment. People seem to install too many, and too similar, plug-ins. I would encourage people to explore the great plug-ins that are available, but to then uninstall, or at least disable, those that they won’t be using. 10, or perhaps 20, plug-ins seems a reasonable amount to me :wink:.

0 Likes