Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2121

Dev Build 2121 is out now, cleaning up a few loose ends.

There’s a new global setting, highlight_modified_tabs, to better indicate modified files. It’s turned off by default though, as IMHO it’s a bit distracting. I’d like to hear what others think about this.

There’s been a change to the way JSON values are serialised in this build: numbers of the form “3.0” will be represented as floating point numbers in memory, while “3” will be represented by a (64 bit) integer in memory. The previous behavior was to use a float point representation for both cases. In general, there shouldn’t be any visible changes because of this, with the exception that plugins receiving numeric arguments have to be aware that they can now receive integers.

The serialisation change was needed because file modification times are now stored in the session, and the numbers involved (at least on Windows) are > 2^56, meaning unit precision would be lost when trying to store them as doubles.

I’d like to get this month’s beta out a bit earlier than normal, so please let me know of any outstanding issues in the current series of dev builds - 2121 wraps up everything I’m aware of.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.
I’m using ST since Alpha version and i had very few crashes (and most of them was because of plugins), so i guess any version can be final.

However, there are few things that I would like you to consider:

1. When i’m editing a large sql file (over 1mb) and I’m search&replace, the editor freeze for a minute or so. I think is something wrong with the language itself, because if i’m switching syntax to plain text, everything is fine.
  2. Can sidebar remember how it was before i close the editor? Is annoying to have all folder structure closed (especially when I have deeply nested folders).
  3. Please add a background property for bracket highlight :smiley:
0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

I agree. The simple dot looks just fine. I think it’s the brownish color that might be a bit much.

Also, when double-clicking the first file from any folder in the sidebar, it will open the file and then collapse the folder it was in, losing your position. Opening a second file from the same folder does not have this behavior.

running OS X Lion

0 Likes

Just a small visual glitch with word wrap turned on: The background color (current line) around the characters is missing. I have this for a while. Is this just for me? On OS X.

0 Likes

One issue I regularly still see is with word wrapping. I don’t really understand why or how to repro it, but quite often I’ll see some files will word wrap and others won’t. I can go to the menus and select word wrap and that file will word wrap again. But that doesn’t seem right. It seems like it ought to be a sticky setting that is applied to every file all the time.

0 Likes

The Find panel options issue has improved with 2121, but there is still a remaining problem with “Find in Files”

It looks like Find in Files can receive the options set on the other panels, but it can’t set or change any options itself that will stick during the session or after restart.

• “Find” and “Find / Replace” now correctly remember (and share) their settings during the session and after restart.

• “Find in Files” still defaults to “Use Buffer” and “Show Context”, and ignores toggling these settings or other option changes between sessions when moving between the different find panels. When restarting Sublime, they are set back to Use Buffer and Show Context again (and whatever options where set via the other Find panels).

• The settings applied in other panels eg. setting “Case Sensitive” on “Find” are correctly set when switching to “Find in Files”, but turning off an option in Find in Files does not deactivate it for the other panels, and it is still enabled after restart.

0 Likes

Several syntax definitions have word wrapping disabled (e.g., in Packages/C++/C++.sublime-settings), so that the default behavior is for text files to be word wrapped and source code not to be. To force word wrapping to be on for, e.g., C++, you need to enabled this in your user syntax specific settings.

buymeasoda: thanks for the report, will fix for 2122

senzo: there have been other reports of the same issue, but I’ve never been able to replicate it myself.

0 Likes

When I go into full screen distraction free mode the sidebar shows and is not closable by keyboard shortcut.

0 Likes

When I right click on a folder in the side bar and choose “New Folder …”, It gets created in the file system, but it doesn’t show up in the side bar.

OSX Lion

0 Likes

I could reproduce it with a clean install. Just put this two lines in the user-file-settings:

"highlight_line": true, "line_padding_top": -1

0 Likes

Way more secure than before, thanks.

On the almost same subject:
Is it possible to enabled the check modification for all modified files for the ‘Build’ command when ‘Save All on Build’ is activated ?
Actually the check only happen when you activate the changed file view.

0 Likes

I personally love the highlighted tab(s), don’t find it to be distracting at all.

0 Likes

+1 to the the subtle tab highlight.

0 Likes