Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2132

Re: Dev Build 2132

Postby alexrussell on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:33 am

facelessuser wrote:Yeah, disabling WordHighlight gets rid of the issue for me as well.

Didn't know which of the posts to reply to regarding this but just to confirm that this also happens for me with WordHighlighter enabled, and doesn't happen with it disabled.

For those wanting to reproduce it's quite simple. First off it appears that scroll_past_end needs to be false, and WordHighlighter need to be installed and not disabled. But the actual bug occurs when you have a file that goes over the height of the window (thus invoking scrolling), and if you are scrolled all the way to the bottom and then delete lines. (Actually you could also be not scrolled quite to the bottom, but delete a number of lines that is greater than the number of lines left off-page.) Then, until you next scroll, the bug happens. Upon scrolling, the layout appears to reset itself.

So this could be a bug not in WordHighlight specifically but it could be that the WH plugin is exposing an underlying bug in the view/scrolling code. (Or yeah it could just be WH.)

This definitely only started for me a couple of dev releases ago. I've been meaning to bring it up but keep forgetting to.

There's also a long standing bug of the minimap not being updated for code folding until there's some kind of repaint (scroll action, of focus goes out of Sublime window, for example). This is not a biggie as you can just scroll and it updates, but just worth mentioning.
alexrussell

Postby DSHugo on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 am

alexrussell wrote:For those wanting to reproduce it's quite simple. ...

Thank you, it helped a great deal. At least I can now confirm this part of the bug has something to do with WordHighlight calling `view.add_regions`. It seems that having:
Code: Select all
class WordHighlightListener(sublime_plugin.EventListener):
    def on_selection_modified(self,view):
         view.add_regions("WordHighlight", regions, "comment", false) <= "problem"

Having the "problem" line called more than once in a row (roughly 0.1 sec for me) causes the bug (e.g. clicking once causes `selection changed` event to fire twice). Maybe it is because an "on_selection_modified" event is invoked too frequently for the previous run of code to complete and exit, or whatever.

There is, as already mentioned, a second part of the bug, however. The one when selection starts on the line below the pointer -- right where it should be, but one line below. I can't reproduce this with the method, suggested by alexrussell.
DSHugo

Postby tux. on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Found some folding bug (PHP):

if (isset($_SESSION['user'])) {
   // ...
}

Folded.

if (isset($_SESSION['user']))
{
   // ...
}

Not folded.
tux.

Postby DSHugo on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

There is a WordHighlight update available, which partially fixes the problem Alexrussell described in detail — it shouldn't manifest as much, if barely (at the expense of a bunch of workarounds I don't like). The core of the bug, however, seems to lay somewhere in ST internals — either that, or the API is misused by the plugin.
DSHugo

Postby boccato on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 am

Hi, I have been experimenting with the ST2 beta and I am loving the folds, but apparently there is a bug. If I write the text below only the first two lines get a folding arrow and if I click on the second the first one disapears.
asdf
   asdf
      asdf
         asdf

Im on Lion 10.7.2.
boccato

Postby jps on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:43 am

boccato wrote:Hi, I have been experimenting with the ST2 beta and I am loving the folds, but apparently there is a bug.

This is by design: fold arrows are only shown where there's two or more lines to be folded, to reduce clutter in the gutter
jps
Site Admin

Postby bizoo on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:48 am

I still have the issue describe here: http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3301&start=10#p15592
Any ETA for a fix or any idea for a workaround ?

startup, version: 2132 windows x64 channel: dev
bizoo

Postby teejae on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 am

Having a serious bug right now causing segfaults, 2132 on Ubuntu 10.04:

Reproduction:
1. Open Folder F1, bringing up window.
Open Folder F2, bringing up window.

2. Start typing in an editor tab within F2. No text appears. It happens to direct to the open tab in F1.

3. Close F1 window. Type in open tab in F2. Segfault.

---
Repeat 1.

2. Close all tabs in F1. Type in F2 open tab. Nothing seems to register. Open new file in F1, type in F2. Input goes again to active tab in F1.

3. Again, try closing F1 window. Type in F2. Segfault.

Seems like there's a focus problem, with F2 window's keystrokes going to F1. However, pressing things like ctrl-P for opening dialogs still works in F2, but the text is still going to F1.

Ideas? Sounds like an off-by-1 bug in window selection/focus.

FYI: This does NOT reproduce on OSX 10.6 with 2132.

Wondering if this might be related to some caching of the input focus? And maybe 2128's API:
API: window.run_command() will run text commands, dispatching them via input focus
teejae

Postby johnnydvc on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:03 pm

lashtal wrote:
jps wrote:
lashtal wrote:Thanks, but how do I disable this? :)

You can edit the Default (Windows).sublime-mousemap file

thanks!

How about Linux?
Where can this option be disabled?
johnnydvc

Postby hibbelig on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 am

johnnydvc wrote:
jps wrote:You can edit the Default (Windows).sublime-mousemap file

How about Linux?
Where can this option be disabled?

I don't know what the question was, but the key maps and mouse maps come in three variants, for each platform:
  • Default (Windows).sublime-mousemap
  • Default (OSX).sublime-mousemap
  • Default (Linux).sublime-mousemap
hibbelig

Previous

Return to General Discussion