Sublime Forum

Hard Word Wrap?

I’m evaluating Sublime Text for both coding and Latex/Markdown editing, and so far I’m loving it! However, I cannot seem to find an option to enable hard word wrapping. By this, I mean physically starting a new line when the text from the previous line goes beyond the ruler. Does Sublime Text have such an option? Or is this available as a plugin somewhere? Additionally, is there a “reflow text” option, similar to the one in jEdit, or the “reflow-paragraph” command from Emacs?

0 Likes

Edit | Wrap | Wrap paragraph at ruler (Alt + Q)
0 Likes

Awesome, that works!

There does appear to be a bug in the rendering of the text, though. If I set the ruler to 80, a line that has exactly 80 characters will be rendered with the final word wrapped to the following line. At first, I thought the wrap paragraph command was buggy, until I realized that turning off word wrap fixed the problem.

0 Likes

Thanks guillermooo! I finally got frustrated enough reflowing my own paragraphs manually that I searched for how to do it. I came right to this topic and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had just overlooked built-in functionality.

The only nitpick I have is that doing a “Wrap ParaGraph at Ruler” marks the buffer as changed (dirty?) even if it makes no change.

0 Likes

Is there a way to bound the scope of the wrap command? Specifically, I would like the scope of what is being wrapped to stop at lines that start with %, , or ].

0 Likes