Thanks for adding folder highlighting. Now is pretty clear which folder will receive your actions ( delete, rename, etc )
Also thanks for keeping the selection when pressing a twisty, this is handy on some situations.
Almost there with multiple selection, if it is supposed to work is not working. I'm patient.
Talking about the sidebar I would like to see:
- Persistent selection : a change of tab or focusing the buffer clears the sidebar selection. ( probably by something like auto "locate in sidebar" ) Keeping the selection is handy for when you want to apply repetitive commands on multiples folders or files. Example computing the Git diff for two or more folders while at the same time you may change code from buffers. It would be nice to get an option to disable auto "locate in sidebar"
- Tweak the preview function. At first it was strange to get a buffer automatically opened when clicking a file. Then started to be handy. It needs little behaviour improvements. Here is some ideas:
- When you right click a file, don't preview the file. If you want to preview the file simple click will do that. When right clicking you are going to rename, move, cut, copy, etc is very likely that you don't want to see the file contents. The problem is not about the preview, the problem is that when you return to the buffer after your file operation the buffer has changed to something else from an unrelated operation.
- Make it easy to close the preview. If you click a file the preview will open and to return to the previous buffer you need to locate the tab which is difficult. Probably pressing "ESC" while in a preview will close the preview. Or if the preview is about a tab already opened, ESC should return to the previous focused tab.
- Allow to turn off preview. Even if by design, there is people which don't want to lose focus of current buffer even if the world collapse.
- Very minor probably on the todo list: binary files are opened as preview. It would be nice to skip that type of files from the preview.
We must click twice now to open a folder in the sidebar.. why
? Can you put it back so that we only have to click once ? It would be greatly appreciated !
Folders should receive selection when clicked, then you will be able to execute actions on these, receive keyboard events or append and remove from a multiple selection.
To open a folder dblclick or click the twisty as in others trees which allow multiple selection.