Sublime Forum

Problem: Samba share and SSH Mount

Hi,
generally all our windows users work on Samba shares, which works quite well, the folders and files show up as expected in Windoes Explorer or any other File Explorer System (that I know of, Komodo Edit for example has also no problems). Sublime Text 2 though has problems with some folders expanding in the sidebar and caching for “Goto Anything”. Some of the folders have many child folders and files, but won’t show up.

Alternativly I today tried to mount via ssh with this neat programm called Dokan SSHFS http://dokan-dev.net/en/download/#sshfs but the exact same problem there. The funny thing is when I rename the faulty folders, they work, if i copy them, the copies work.

If I copy the whole folder structure to my local disk, also no problem. I also want to mention, that if I drag the problematic folders in directly, there’s also no problem showing their content.

The situation seems to get clearer the longer I fiddle around with it =)
I just recognized that the console spits out “scan: /path/to/folder/problemfolder has been seen before, skipping” on every folder that is problematic. So it’s a caching thing?
And: It all seems to work again If I do Project/Refresh Folders, which I have to do everytime I start Sublime or/and I drag in a folder.
If it is a caching problem it may not be related to Samba or SSH at all, not sure.

0 Likes

I’ve got exactly the same problem. I can only navigate folder structures about 2 deep

0 Likes

I have this problem as well, on mac.

0 Likes

For GoTo file to work as fast as it does, Sublime needs to know about all of the files in a folder. To do this, I presume it has to recursively list all of the folders. I could be completely wrong, but I am guessing that having a slow connection over Samba or SSH is causing Sublime to take longer to parse the folders. If you are having trouble expanding the folders, I would hazard a guess that Sublime uses the cached folder contents for the left column.

0 Likes

I don’t know if this will help, but you could try following my blog post.

0 Likes