Sublime Forum

Images

Is there a way to turn off Sublime trying to open image files? If an image file accidentally gets clicked in the project sidebar sublime freezes for a varying amount of time (Depending on file size) as it’s trying to open the file, then it’ll eventually populate a jumbled mess in the editor. I’d like to be able to prevent this if possible… I’m kind of unclear why image files are even able to be clicked on/opened if the editor is not capable of giving a preview in the first place…

0 Likes

you can hide images from appearing in the sidebar by going to your “Preferences > Global Settings - Default” and adding *.png, *.psd, *.jpg, *.gif to your “file_exclude_patterns”

0 Likes

I don’t want to hide them, I want to turn off the binary preview of them in ST2 and make them open in the appropriate editor when double clicked.

How can this be done?

0 Likes

[quote=“Fatbat”]I don’t want to hide them, I want to turn off the binary preview of them in ST2 and make them open in the appropriate editor when double clicked.

How can this be done?[/quote]

no.

…but you can hide them.

0 Likes

That’s helpful.

0 Likes

Sublime Text is a text editor; it edits text.

Use a graphic editor to edit your graphic files.

0 Likes

[quote=“atomi”]

Use a graphic editor to edit your graphic files.[/quote]

I don’t want to hide files from the tree view of the sidebar. And I don’t want to see any preview for binary files.
I also want to be able to manage any file there without being interrupted with a lot of unreadable garbage that popups in a tab. This also makes you lost focus of your current tab.

0 Likes

You can use the SidebarEnhancements package. If you edit the settings file for it, you can add photo editors to the list of apps to open a file with.

0 Likes

[quote=“atomi”]

Use a graphic editor to edit your graphic files.[/quote]

Clearly you have a reading comprehension problem. Beyond that, a simple preview of the image file isn’t too much to ask for to improve workflow.

I did install this, and it is an improvement, but you still need to right click the file, and navigate the flyout menu to select the image editing app of your choice. It would be so much easier if I could just double click the file to open it in the appropriate editor.

0 Likes

[size=150]FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT![/size]

0 Likes