Sublime Forum

Some question about using Sublime as a HTML CSS Editor

Hi All,

Currently I use Dreamweaver’s Code view screen to write HTML, CSS and Javascript. I like Auto Code completion for HTML and CSS. I’m thinking to switch to Sublime Text 2 but before to switch I want to know can I have Auto Code completion in it and what are good plugins availabe for Sublime which can make my HTML, CSS, jQuery better.

0 Likes

My best recommendation is download Package Control from http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control. After you have it installed, you can open the command palette and type: Package Control: Discover Packages. ST2 will then list dozens of available packages that are always up to date. Then you can decide for yourself what you want and don’t want. It makes installing and removing packages a breeze, too. For anything else you need, you can check out Plugin Anouncements for new plugins and updates. Additionally, if there is something specific you need, you can request it in Ideas and Feature Requests

0 Likes

ZenCoding was previously available as a plugin, but the repo was taken down recently. I would say that since it’s free to try, you should just start using it, and Package Control, as the previous poster mentioned.

0 Likes

btw, I have some question about writing css too.

egg.

after type "color: ", the next, I will type “#”.

there will autocomplete some mistakes from history, like “color: width#”… that’'s terrible;

and how to turn off autocomplete from history when writing css?

0 Likes