Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2146

Dev Build 2146

Postby jps on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Dev Build 2146 is out now:

* Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces. There's currently no way to disable this, apart from editing the .tmTheme file to remove the fontStyle entries.

* Minimap dragging has been tweaked: the view rectangle can now be dragged past the end of the file, and clicking on the minimap will place the centre of the view rectangle there, rather than the top.

* There's now a default_encoding setting, which is consulted when saving new files for the first time. Because this is a regular setting, it means default encodings can be specified per-syntax and per-project. The default value is UTF-8.

* When save_on_focus_lost is enabled, the buffer won't be saved if the underlying file has been deleted, which will clear up a bit of confusion
jps
Site Admin

Re: Dev Build 2146

Postby wuub on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm

jps wrote:* Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces.

Holy guacamole! :D :!: :D :!: :D
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby lashtal on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 pm

This is how the font I use looks now: http://i.imgur.com/42n89.png
Ascender Uni Duo 10pt + directwrite
lashtal

Postby wuub on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:53 pm

It seems that some fonts look better than others:
Dina/12 http://i.imgur.com/sFgaH.png
Ubuntu Mono/12 http://i.imgur.com/EBp3c.png

both on windows.
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby bizoo on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:08 pm

jps wrote:* There's now a default_encoding setting, which is consulted when saving new files for the first time. Because this is a regular setting, it means default encodings can be specified per-syntax and per-project. The default value is UTF-8.

:D
I suppose I can remove my own plugin:
Code: Select all
    def on_pre_save(self, view):
        def_encoding = view.settings().get("default_encoding")
        if view.encoding() == 'Undefined':
            if def_encoding is not None:
                view.set_encoding(def_encoding)

It works great, thanks a lot! And I don't even have to change my settings name :D

Now there are still an issue for me:
My .pas (Pascal) files have the default_encoding and fallback_encoding to "Western (Windows 1252)" and are saved correctly when I create a new file. OK
When opened, .pas files that contains non ascii char. use the fallback_encoding. OK
BUT, if a .pas file contains only ascii char., the fallback_encoding is not used and the file is marked UTF-8. If I add non ascii char. to this file, next time I save it it will encoded in UTF-8.

But actually I couldn't find a way to resolve cleanly this issue...
bizoo

Postby gavsim on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Great work and nice to see two builds released in as many days! :)
gavsim

Postby freewizard on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:29 pm

using Sublime Text 3 dev in OS X 10.8
my ST packages: https://github.com/freewizard
freewizard

Postby weslly on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:54 pm

jps wrote:Dev Build 2146 is out now:

* Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces. There's currently no way to disable this, apart from editing the .tmTheme file to remove the fontStyle entries.

yesssssss <3333
weslly

Postby parsifal on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Added support for bold and italic font styles in .tmTheme files

Believe it or not, this is really exciting for me! One more nail in the TextMate coffin!
parsifal

Postby adzenith on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:56 pm

jps wrote:* Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces. There's currently no way to disable this, apart from editing the .tmTheme file to remove the fontStyle entries.

Awesome. :) Thanks!

jps wrote:* Minimap dragging has been tweaked: the view rectangle can now be dragged past the end of the file, and clicking on the minimap will place the centre of the view rectangle there, rather than the top.

The new behaviour seems a little strange: if I click near the top edge of the view rectangle, and then drag, the view rectangle pops downward so it's not under my mouse anymore (it pops down anywhere I click on it; it's just strangest when it moves out from under the mouse).
Speaking of the minimap, is there any chance we could get behaviour like what's described in this post? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3414&p=16419#p16419
Namely, scroll the minimap on hover, so that when you click on code the view rectangle moves to beneath the mouse and the buffer shows the code you clicked on.
adzenith

Next

Return to General Discussion