Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2146

Dev Build 2146 is out now:

• Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces. There’s currently no way to disable this, apart from editing the .tmTheme file to remove the fontStyle entries.

• Minimap dragging has been tweaked: the view rectangle can now be dragged past the end of the file, and clicking on the minimap will place the centre of the view rectangle there, rather than the top.

• There’s now a default_encoding setting, which is consulted when saving new files for the first time. Because this is a regular setting, it means default encodings can be specified per-syntax and per-project. The default value is UTF-8.

• When save_on_focus_lost is enabled, the buffer won’t be saved if the underlying file has been deleted, which will clear up a bit of confusion

0 Likes

Holy guacamole! :smiley: :exclamation: :smiley: :exclamation: :smiley:

0 Likes

This is how the font I use looks now: (http://i.imgur.com/42n89.png)
Ascender Uni Duo 10pt + directwrite

0 Likes

It seems that some fonts look better than others:
Dina/12 *(http://i.imgur.com/sFgaH.png)
Ubuntu Mono/12 *(http://i.imgur.com/EBp3c.png)

both on windows.**

0 Likes

:smiley:
I suppose I can remove my own plugin:

def on_pre_save(self, view): def_encoding = view.settings().get("default_encoding") if view.encoding() == 'Undefined': if def_encoding is not None: view.set_encoding(def_encoding)
It works great, thanks a lot! And I don’t even have to change my settings name :smiley:

Now there are still an issue for me:
My .pas (Pascal) files have the default_encoding and fallback_encoding to “Western (Windows 1252)” and are saved correctly when I create a new file. OK
When opened, .pas files that contains non ascii char. use the fallback_encoding. OK
BUT, if a .pas file contains only ascii char., the fallback_encoding is not used and the file is marked UTF-8. If I add non ascii char. to this file, next time I save it it will encoded in UTF-8.

But actually I couldn’t find a way to resolve cleanly this issue…

0 Likes

Great work and nice to see two builds released in as many days! :smile:

0 Likes

great!

any light to fix this bug https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/super-f-disables-goto-anything-in-menu-bug/3276/1 ?

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Dev Build 2146 is out now:

• Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces. There’s currently no way to disable this, apart from editing the .tmTheme file to remove the fontStyle entries.[/quote]

yesssssss <3333

0 Likes

Believe it or not, this is really exciting for me! One more nail in the TextMate coffin!

0 Likes

Awesome. :smile: Thanks!

The new behaviour seems a little strange: if I click near the top edge of the view rectangle, and then drag, the view rectangle pops downward so it’s not under my mouse anymore (it pops down anywhere I click on it; it’s just strangest when it moves out from under the mouse).
Speaking of the minimap, is there any chance we could get behaviour like what’s described in this post? Minimap scroll behavior has some issues
Namely, scroll the minimap on hover, so that when you click on code the view rectangle moves to beneath the mouse and the buffer shows the code you clicked on.

0 Likes

A lot of mono fonts don’t have the greatest italics support.
Here is my go to font, Droid Sans Mono (in italics):

Could you make it so we can set an alternate font to render italic text?

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Dev Build 2146 is out now:

• Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces. There’s currently no way to disable this, apart from editing the .tmTheme file to remove the fontStyle entries.
    [/quote]

For some reasons it does not work with the monaco font which is monospace.

0 Likes

New Bold and Italic is nice.

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]
The new behaviour seems a little strange: if I click near the top edge of the view rectangle, and then drag, the view rectangle pops downward so it’s not under my mouse anymore (it pops down anywhere I click on it; it’s just strangest when it moves out from under the mouse).
Speaking of the minimap, is there any chance we could get behaviour like what’s described in this post? Minimap scroll behavior has some issues
Namely, scroll the minimap on hover, so that when you click on code the view rectangle moves to beneath the mouse and the buffer shows the code you clicked on.[/quote]

Still would like minimap behavior adjusted. It just doesn’t work well with my brain. I agree with adzenith. My biggest issue is the clicking of the minimap; showing images of the text makes me want to click the text and go there, but it always just adjusts things proportional. I find the minimap more frustrating than useful, because I keep trying to click it instinctively (forgetting it won’t do what I want) and am then disoriented trying to figure out where in the code I just got taken to. It is a nice overview but that is about it.

0 Likes

it works great on OSX

http://f.cl.ly/items/360l3P3h081E2H0N0W0Q/Screen%20Shot%202011-12-14%20at%204.23.59%20PM.png

0 Likes

Finally!!! Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]* Bold and italic fontStyle settings in .tmTheme files are supported for monospace font faces. There’s currently no way to disable this, apart from editing the .tmTheme file to remove the fontStyle entries.

• Minimap dragging has been tweaked: the view rectangle can now be dragged past the end of the file, and clicking on the minimap will place the centre of the view rectangle there, rather than the top.[/quote]

Awesome!

Also been a while since I asked, has the ability to draw stippled regions been exposed to the API yet? Checked sublime.dict and didn’t see anything.

0 Likes

This is great! However, it only seems to work well with smaller files (couple hundred lines). If the file has thousands of lines, the click-drag on the rect seems to pop initially. For example,

-Create a file with 200 lines
-Click-and-hold anywhere inside the minimap view rect
-Drag slightly up or down

Result: things behave nicely, no jumping

-Create a file with 2000 lines
-Click-and-hold anywhere inside the minimap view rect
-Drag slightly up or down

Result: the view rect pops downwards about a half-length, but afterwards scrolling is smooth. That initial pop is a big annoying :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“atomi”]A lot of mono fonts don’t have the greatest italics support.
Here is my go to font, Droid Sans Mono (in italics):
[attachment=0]droidsansmono.JPG[/attachment]

Could you make it so we can set an alternate font to render italic text?[/quote]

sorry I know litte english.
I got the sample question, for example,use textmate font on windows, all the comments are italic, and these cannot render 100%.

Could I disable blod and italic to all the comments? Or I need rollback to dev2145?

thanks.

0 Likes

Edit your theme. Search for fontStyle and delete all the entries that come up.

0 Likes