Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2148

Dev Build 2148 is out now.

The largest change is in tab completion: Pressing tab a second time will go to the next completion, with shift+tab going to the previous one. It works a bit like Ctrl+N/Ctrl+P in vim. You can still press Ctrl+Space to replace the last completion and show the menu.

There’s also a reopen_last_file command, and a corresponding menu item for it in the File/Open Recent menu.

There has also been a bunch of other completion related tweaks, primarily to benefit SublimeCodeIntel, although they won’t all be enabled until Kronuz has a chance to get a new version out. SublimeCodeIntel should also no longer cause undo to be per-character.

0 Likes

Stop Auto-Complete From Committing on 'Space'

Thanks for the update.
While you are on completion & co, can you add a shortcut for the completion popup? like 1,2,3…9 for each item within popup?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Btw, there is a way of disabling the new autocompletion? Is drive me crazy :imp:

0 Likes

How so?

0 Likes

• Added reopen_last_file command, bound to Command+Shift+T / Ctrl+Shift+T by default
    This is a really nice feature if only Chrome had this feature!

• Completion: Popup window is wider
    How can you access this completion window? or even better is there a list of ALL Sublimetext2 Keyboard shortcuts?

Is there a way to hit tab and show a list of possible itemsin a popup?

0 Likes

I’m using css.sublime-completion. And let’s say this snippet:

{ "trigger": "f|float", "contents": "float:${1:left}${2:right}${3:none}$0;" }, { "trigger": "fl|fleft", "contents": "float:left;$0" },
Before updating, i was typing fl+tab => float:left;|

Now, is jumping between floats. And is crazy :smiley:

(that is just an example, there are few other properties with the same issue.

I’m not saying is a bad feature, i’m saying would be nice if you can add a setting for that. Meanwhile, i removed from the default keymap file (not user keymap) and is ok.

edit
Can you fix the completion bug (which is here since… forever) that doesn’t allow to make snippets alike?

Let’s say i bound / char for inline comments ( /* | */ )
Also, i would like to bind // for block comments:

/* =========== */ /* = Comment = */ /* =========== */

And, and, and the other ancient bug on multiple options. Let’s say i have this snippet:

{ "trigger": "m|mar", "contents": "margin:${1:${2:0}${3:px} ${4:0}${5:px} ${6:0}${7:px} ${8:0}${9:px}};$0" }

If i’m typing m+tab and delete everything, i have to press tab key for 9 times to skip to the end (or just hit end key). Please fix this and make at least one user happy :smiley:

0 Likes

“Preferences” -> “Key bindings - Default”

0 Likes

This might be a silly question but what exactly does “next_completion_if_showing” do? My guess is that it moves down the list of auto-completions, but what would be a use case for it?

0 Likes

Normally, when you press ctrl+space several times in a row, the selected item in the auto complete popup will change. However, this is not desirable if auto complete is being called programmatically, as SublimeCodeIntel does: the option just allows SublimeCodeIntel to avoid this behavior.

0 Likes

Oh, awesome. That makes sense.

0 Likes

The autocompletion drives me crazy too. I haven’t found a way to make it work with the snippets. For example I have the ‘foreach’ snippet and I used to use the tab to go from one arg to the other. Now it just cycle through the completion. So I deactivated it. Hopefully there’s gonna be a way later, maybe with shit+tab or something?

0 Likes

Alright, seems that setting tab_completion to false makes the stuff work pretty ok. But when choosing from a proposed autocompletion, sometimes the tab brings me to the next part of the snippet, sometimes it does insert a tab. I’ll try to get a pattern to explain the situation.

0 Likes